talking to objects

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by emily83, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

so... who else talks to objects?

the walls, the doors, cds, blades of grass.... what ever.

for me i find it helps fill a void- i have no one real to talk to most of the time so i end up talking to objects

am i weird?. or are people (some of them) like that too?. they get so lonely they just talk to anything nearby

2. Aether

Aether Well-Known Member

You`re not weird, hun. I talk to stuffed animals or pillows. I know, it sounds like something a 5 yr old would do but it helps me. They can`t judge, right ?

3. emily83

exactly

i'm glad i'm not alone

that's part of the reason i do it too

hugs to you

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I talk constantly to my beanie collection lol.
    I have a beanie frog that is a tv addict and he goes all round the house with me :redface:

5. -rain-

-rain- New Member

I have a problem making a difference between live and dead objects. Not in theory, I know perfectly well what is alive and not, this is more instinct or feeling. I do feel animals and people have a much bigger soul than an object though, no way I would feel the same about a toy animal and a real one.

I'm not so big on speaking to furniture, but I dooo speak to and through my plush animals. Meh. I also patted a mangled apple tree of mine and asked her to stay strong and not die... OK, trees are alive but they are seen as soulless. I feel that all the fruit trees have different personalities.

Yup. Compared to me you are completely normal. -_-

6. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I do too, I talk back to the tv lol...ALOT!!! or I talk to my deaf guinea pig. He can't hear me but I still talk to him lol...I try not to talk outloud when people are around because I get looks but there's nothing wrong with talking to things...

7. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I have endless conversations with my dog... not come/sit/want some ..... long drawn out two way conversations. He does not actully speak - he just lets me know what he is thinking ;)

8. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

i talk out loud but not directly with objects.

9. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I do, yes. And it goes it bit beyond that. I have a stuffed animal polar bear that I bought for one specific paranoid purpose. To watch the entrance door to my apartment. I know this is ridiculous. That it makes no difference if a stuffed animal is watching my door at all times. And that the bear is not capable of doing anything if burglars were to break in. But, even so, I look over at the bear sometimes and it makes me feel better, safer, that it is watching the door.

10. emily83

their is nothing wrong with that.

if it makes you feel safe, go for it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.