talking to the other side **could be a triggering subject for some**

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by the masked depressant, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

hello all,

i was just curious on your thoughts on this- it was something that i was talking about earlier.

do you believe you can actually talk to the other side?

you know- you get those people like colin fry and john edwards who try and talk to the other side... well do you think it's genuin?

or do you think something else

what are your thoughts

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No i don't believe they can at all they are just exploiting peoples vulnerability

3. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

No I don't believe you can talk to the "other side", there is no evidence to back any of these peoples claims up and they just know how to prey on peoples hopes and desires, which to me is disgusting.

4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I agree. They are just using people that are vulnerable.

5. The Unforgiven

The Unforgiven Well-Known Member

bit of a middle ground imo..
    me and my mom, in fact my maternal grandparents side, we have had enough unusual or as you would say, paranormal experiences to convince us of the other side.. i
    d rather not say here but if you would like any detail then you can pm me i guess. if it were just them then i would be inclined to be a sceptic too, but ive inherited some vastly diluted portion of the sight or whatever it is.

the whole crystal ball and tea leaves thing is absolute bullshit though. i believe contact is possible but more accidental or because of heightened perception and Sight, not because of muttering gibberish over a tea strainer.
    and by far the people who go looking are just told what they want to hear, so its all just a sham isnt it?..

6. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

No. Largely because I don't believe in the other side. People like the aforementioned like to exploit the vulnerability of people and I think that's sick. As far as other people (not so famous ones) that have had experiences with "the other side"... well, I'm still a skeptic. That once again trudges back to our vulnerabilities. Like, how my mother "spoke" to my dead father for weeks after he passed - she was grieving, things like that sometimes happen during the grieving period. Eh, I won't get into it too much to avoid offending anyone who does believe... I'll just say that I've always been a skeptic.

7. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

thanks for your responses, everyone.

i'll now talk about what i think

since there's no proof you can, andn o proof you can't, i'm actually a really strong believer of it.

i watch these crossing over programmes and think to myself how clever they are

8. lancashirelass

lancashirelass Well-Known Member

I do believe in fact i go spiritualist church every sunday and have had messages about things i haven't told anyone.

9. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I enjoy certain ghost programs, too. Mostly the fictional ones. I admit to watching Ghost Whisperer.

I've always been one of those "seeing is believing" people, though. I guess I just like cold, hard facts. And even if I do experience something, I analyse it and find a reason for why it happened. It's a blessing and a curse at times.

10. tmostna

tmostna Active Member

Here is a useful article about this kind of thing, written after a recent incident.

It's kinda weird that James Randi has had a million dollars on offer to anyone who can show "under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event" for years and years now - and no one has been able to do it.

It's interesting that even after 'mediums' are exposed as fakes, as they have been many times, they seem to remain just as popular.

I suppose it's because deep down, many people know they are paying to be emotionally comforted, rather than believing the conceit.

Personally, I remain 'agnostic' on the subject - I just wouldn't trust anyone who does it for money or personal gain.

11. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Neg. I believe that you can personally talk with the other side in your time(s) of need but cannot have a connection with it through a medium (no pun intended), as it is the spiritual side and such things are deeply personal in nature (on one's own spiritual beliefs).

12. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I do believe in ghosts and communicating with the spirit world but I don't believe people like Colin Fry and John Edwards are genuine. They've always striked me as con artists. I believe there are people out there who really can converse with the dead but with all the bull****ers out there it's difficult to tell who's being genuine and who's being phony.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.