talking to yourself

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by tealeaf, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tealeaf

tealeaf Member

I do this and I do it often, ill carry on a conversation with myself in the sense that ill say what I want to say to a certain person, I never answer myself though lol I think that good right? but I do it a lot, I imagine that im in a situation I would like to be in and ill just start talking like I was in the situation, like I was really doing whatever it is im thinking about, I know this is certified crazy but does anyone else do it too?

2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I talk to myself when I'm walking alone. :unsure: Also when I listen to music in my room, it's a habit I've had for years. I go to my room to talk to myself. :laugh:

3. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i talk to myself only when i'm alone. i do tend to have full convos in my head that i'm to have with other people

4. kurenai

kurenai Well-Known Member

When I feel really bad, like really depressed and my body is slowing down into silence, I hear some noises in my head. Not loud, but annoying, and scratching like crows, sometimes insects. Everything is red. There is a voice talking to me and its my voice, but its not me, its a more rational, stronger person. It sounds like me, but older, and more sarcastic. Maybe I will be this person if I survive a few more years. She comforts me and helps me go to sleep.

5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

yup :dry:

6. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

only when im alone. i laugh to myself in public though... but thats after the dirty looks.

7. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

i talk out loud all the time to myself.It is horrible.I guess it is because I don't feel free to spew off in front of others or even really just speak my mind openly around others.I did that to myself.The problem is now I have to be careful not to do it in public because I know what that looks like...i slip up though and DO it..only when I am really pissed.Then I realize I am a weirdo.sigh.lol.I am working on that though.Biting my tongue in public that is.

8. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I used to interview myself! hahahaha I still do it on occasion I can't lie.

9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

All the time drives people nuts but hey i get the answers i want. I constantly talk to my inner self like my brain won't shut down. I tell myself what others would have told me long ago and it works sometimes.

10. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

Re: Collective Inteligance, and Social Structure

zukhardo makes a good point also. but while we do have freedom, of choice, in society our choices are limitef by goverment, and etc on a large scale. our bodys imitate life. but we are not basic cells. as children and young adults are stem cells we can choose what role we play, whether were needed or not is a different matter. this is in the wrong thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
  11. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

I do.. uhh.. not sure when it started.. no wait it do.. long long ago.. when was really little.. I try not to in public. Attracts too much attention.:huh:

I dont think there is anything wrong with it. Best of all is my second voice is very motivational. :laugh:

12. Tavil

Tavil Well-Known Member

I do this too. My dad gets on me about it alot.
    Ive been doing it since i was little.
    I think its part of coping with a lack of friends.

13. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

Everyone does it, some people do it innerly and some people talk to themselves outerly(right word lol?). Humans are in constant dialogue with themselves.
    I hold conversations with myself usually anticipating a conversation I might have with someone else. Like my therapist, I can go on and on what I will say and what she will say and my responses to what she says. But when I acutally talk to her none of what I wanted to say comes out and I'm usually just quiet answering her questions lol.

14. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

wow you get dirty looks too? do you look like rick astley or prince charles by chance?

15. empty_inside

empty_inside Member

i talk to myself but only when im alone its as if i have the conversations i would have if someone was there and yes its regular

16. accidental

accidental Member

i talk to myself all the time. i dont argue with myself or anything but its always been comforting for me when im alone because it kinda feels like im not for a little bit

17. WldHair

WldHair Well-Known Member

I talk to myself. Sometimes I feel like I'm channeling spirits. They help me go to sleep at night. I can have a conversation with them if I want to work out a problem. Then other times, if someone makes me mad, I'll go off to them or if I'm unable to, I'll go off like they're right in front of me until I get my anger out. I wish I didn't do that.

18. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Same thing here, well kinda. I have little conversations with myself and I often feeling like I'm talking to spirits or something along those lines. Also, when I start feeling depressed and attack my self worth, I feel like it's someone else telling me I'm no good and I try to fight back against it. I don't really tell anyone irl though cause I'd probably be locked up. I don't hear voices or see things that aren't there, but yeah, it does kinda feel like I am having a conversation with spirits or w/e.

19. bluepotatoe

bluepotatoe Active Member

I definitely do that in my head, they just want shut up and let me sleep.

20. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I do it all the time :laugh: I'm nearly always alone, so it doesn't really matter ..although it kind of creeps my little sister out ! :blink: I think loneliness is the main reason!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.