Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by consciousinsane, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. consciousinsane

consciousinsane Well-Known Member

Does getting a nice tan hide scars any? :cool:

I am usually in an office setting so I stay pretty pale year round. I've fucked up my arms pretty bad with scars the last few months.
  2. NoRegrets

NoRegrets Well-Known Member

Mine seem to still show, despite complexion.
  3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

I suppose it depends on the type of scars, i guess if its a red mark, then it may fade and i tan might help.

But if you have an 'indent' into the skin i don't will do much good, might make it more visible in fact.

I dunno really, well there my guesses
  4. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

i use make up for cover the little ones and bandages and i say that i burned myself at the kitchen.. it works for me..but i don´t know how many time will i can use the bandage because the "burn" was 2 and a half weeks ago. but be carefull about using the bandage because like no one sees how my arm is i´ve been hurting myself more than usual and that isn´t good i think.
  5. Saoirse

Saoirse Guest

Tans usually make the scar itself much more visible. With past experience anyway. Not from sh but from accidental injuries.
  6. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

The skin pigment would darken and the scar would not change. This would make the scars even more noticable.
  7. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

Yeah when I used fake tan before it made the rest of my skin tan but the scars did stand out :(
  8. consciousinsane

consciousinsane Well-Known Member

oh well....it would have been cool if that would work. thanks everyone.
  9. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Scar tissue doesn't tan. So, if your scars are the white kind then a tan will make them much more obvious. But if you have red, darker scars on normal pale skin then a tan might help to make them less obvious.

Also, be careful with areas of skin that have been burnt. It will sunburn easil, and increase your chances of skin cancer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.