Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by black_rose_99, Jan 2, 2011.

1. black_rose_99

black_rose_99 Well-Known Member

All I want to do right now is have a good old fashioned, screaming, crying, roaring, pound the floor, make my face red and my throat hurt TANTRUM.

I don't even know why but I think it would release some of the pressure of the the anger and hurt that's built up.

Anyone else have this feeling? What do you do to release?
  2. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

It's been awhile since I've last felt this. I donno if the ways Ive dealt with it is that great, but I find music that can on some level relate to what Im feeling, atleast on a rhythm/beat, and try to force myself to put some of it into words each time there is a beat, even if it doesn't make sense.

I used to punch my pillow though :biggrin: I know some people scream into theirs aswell. I donno. I suspect that it's better to have a balance of external and internal release. But i Suppose the best thing would to be to try and find something that makes you feel some sort of calm, and try to trust in that.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i usually go outside i live in the country and just scream run then cry it out it does help to release some of the pain
  4. black_rose_99

Hi Blake - thanks - at least I feel like it's not just me regressing to 5 year old status! :) I have tried punching my pillow, but hadn't thought of music - some loud angry music might just be what I need. I just youtubed videos of kids having tantrums in the hopes that watching them get their frustrations out might help me, but it didn't really work.

Hi Total Eclipse - I live in the city so not too sure that the screaming outside would go down too well at 3am with the neighbours (next door have a baby too). :) But I'm glad that you can relate and that you have a way of releasing the pain - if I ever am in the country I'm guaranteed to remember this and try that.
  5. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

yeah i have lots of anger.
    go to the gym and work out! :3
  6. black_rose_99

Haha forever, I don't know of any 24 hour gyms in my area - it's 3am! :)
  7. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

I have often felt like that and I envy toddlers who can have screaming tantrums anytime or anywhere they like. It's not just about the physical energy I want the verbal let out too!!
    Not sure what you can do in the city in the middle of the night! I guess the pillow is the best option!
  8. black_rose_99

Hi Fitzy,

Oh God how I envy toddlers and the way they can throw a tantrum ANYWHERE and not have people judging them! I ended up punching my pillow - I couldn't find my ipod for music, so the pillow took a beating :eek: It can handle it!
  9. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

And it won't fight back!