1. Loco72

Loco72 Well-Known Member

So, I love tattoos..I have 3 right now but would have a whole lot more if I could afford it. My one requirement for the tattoo is that it has to have some meaning to me. Other people may not need to know what it means, or that it means anything. I am working on turning my life over, starting fresh. Trying to get rid of stressors, like selling my house. Looking for a better job, which means I would probably have to relocate, but that's ok, I'm ready for a fresh start, a new beginning. So I was talking to my friend S, who's an artist, about it. I want her to design something for me. I wasn't sure where I would put it, but I just wanted something small, something that would remind me about the new begining, that things aren't always that bad, and you control your own destiny. Her suggestion was something on my wrist, small enough so that my watch can cover it if needed. Something like a band of words, a saying, or words that mean something to me. I can do it in English or Afrikaans, or for that matter any language, cause it'll be something for me. I love the idea. It'll help me stay strong everytime I look at my arm, think about hurting myself. Only problem now is coming up with something profound, something unique, powerful...I've been looking for existing quotes, but they are all either to long, or don't convey what I want it to. I need help thinking of words...not even sayings, just words, to make my brain think better...