Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by herbides, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herbides

herbides Active Member

I've been having overwhelming urges to cut myself, especially on my midriff and thighs and eventually I decided to get a tattoo on the spot that I always seem to target the most, thinking that it was another painful, but less self-destructive alternative.

Now that I have the tattoo, I'm finding that the urge to cut in that spot has abated quite a bit because I don't want to ruin the image. Somehow in my brain, not messing up a picture is more important than not messing up myself!

It may sound weird but it became this major positive thing for me.

Now I'm thinking of getting tattoos on my wrists to help me quell the urge to cut them. I'm trying to decide what to get. I was thinking it should be something cute or awesome like a kitten or an anime character so next time I feel like I'm in crisis I can look at it and stop myself. Something like "yeah, I'd kill myself but I don't want to have to cut up pikachu:sleepy:" or something like that.

Pretty weird huh?

Any ideas for an image that is just too awesome to cut no matter how bad things get?
  2. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

not weird at all :p noticed the same thing, where the tattoo is, you don't want to cut, cause you would "ruin" it, and you feel like the skin is different there.

hmmm ideas should be yours though, only you know whats awesome for you ;)
  3. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I have my wrists tattooed for the same reason. Makes me think twice about cutting them up when i put the blade onto my tattood skin.

I think you need to choose an image for yourself though, not let someone else decide for you.

Let us know what you decide! :)
  4. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

hehe, reason i put a peace symbol on my left wrist... :D

it used to be a daily battlefield, but ever since i have that part tattoo'ed, i have managed not to...
  5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Its probably becuase you paid to have it done, so you dont want to ruin an investment :)
    And maybe you dont want to ruin the tatooists work too, cause alot of effort goes into doing them.
    Why dont you go for full sleeves :D and then a body suit??? go on. it'd be aweosme! :D

Sheep - resident tattoo buff and tattooist to be (hopefully)
  6. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

No, in my case that is not the reason at all.

It's just the fact that it stops me doing anything impulsive. I see these tattoos and it makes me think twice. I basically grounds me.
  7. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I meant on a subconcious level, sorry.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.