tattoos

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by jcat, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

when i was younger, i was a cutter and burner. then as i got older, i started getting tattoo's. i get the same feelings from tattoos that i did from cutting. my back is almost done, i have tats all over my body. they are good work, but i've been thinking of cutting lately, and now i am going to be getting another tat monday. not sure if this a good sign or not. it's better than cutting and causing more nerve damage. does anyone have any feelings on this. how do other ppl feel about this. or am i alone in the idea that i am doing this as an alt. to cutting

2. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Tattoos are their own addiction. At least, that's what I think. I never cut and I'm totally into tattoos.

3. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

had the urge today. went and sat for 5 hours getting drilled on my stomach. feel alot better
    still depressed, but don't have the urge anymore

4. rd9671

rd9671 Guest

Tattoos were/are an alternate to cutting for me. i now have 11 of them. But like HM said, it is an addiction in and of itself. Tattoos is a socially acceptable form of SI and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. There is alos nothing wrong about SI; it is a way to survive until better coping skills can be developed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.