Taxi Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fishman

Was watching the movie, does anyone else Identify abit or totally with the character Travis and his loneliness...

Travis Bickle: Loneliness has followed me my whole life. Everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man... June 8th. My life has taken another turn again. The days can go on with regularity over and over, one day indistinguishable from the next. A long continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is a change.

Travis Bickle: Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the ****s, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up.

Travis Bickle: Now I see this clearly. My whole life is pointed in one direction. There never has been a choice for me.

Travis Bickle: I realize now how much she's just like the others, cold and distant, and many people are like that, women for sure, they're like a union.

Travis Bickle: Twelve hours of work and I still can't sleep. Damn. Days go on and on. They don't end.

G

ggg456

I love the scene with the politician.

and "You talkin' to me?" You talkin' to me?

Yeah I can relate. I do a lot of talking, play acting in front of mirrors..

:laugh:

"My whole life is pointed in one direction. There never has been a choice for me. "

I can relate to this movie and especially this quote. Looking back, it seems crystal clear, like railroad tracks leading from one station to the inevitable terminus.

I can also relate to the emptiness he witnesses....the empty political slogans of Charles Pallantine ("we are the people"), the demented night life, the violence...Travis feels like he is one against all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00