Tears and crying (not sure where to post this)

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Tearsarescary, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tearsarescary

Tearsarescary New Member

Hello, i'm new here. I have a major problum here. I feel the need to cry 24/7, like a serious need, but i'm terrified like hell of crying, and everyone I know keep's on telling me crying makes you all 'weak' and stuff, so I often refuse to cry at all, whether I need to or not.

When I do that, sometimes my heart beat's so fast, I feel like i'm going to have a heart attack. It's terrfying and very un-usual, because i've always ate very healthy and everything. Now i'm afraid i'm going to end up killing myself. Help!
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum.

What you've described sounds like a panic attack(anxiety attack). Anti anxiety medication should ease this. Have you seen your doc? :hug:
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I agree with what IrishDoll posted; but I just wanted you to know that crying doesn't make you weak. I used to be told that all the time too, and it took me a long time to realize that it's not true. It's okay to cry.
  4. SelfMadePrison

SelfMadePrison Banned Member

Welcome to the forum
    I hope you continue to use it, especially in the time of need, sounds like you need a release to express some things you have not had the chance to.

I concur that your heart beat is because of panic attacks..

Crying can be very liberating.. I use to never cry and try hard to make myself not cry and so when I did it would hurt my head, but this year I now cry without holding back as I need to and I no longer have the pain in my head... I have also though for the first time in my life taking breathing exercises seriously and doing yoga, which is helping huge for the anxiety.
  5. Tearsarescary

Tearsarescary New Member

I seriously rather would NOT take medications, as I know for a fact they often only make things worse, and often times, they CAN lead to people commiting suicide. We mustn't forget what happoned to MewSkitty now, too....

I once read that manly guys can cry SOMETIMES...I hope that is true....*sigh*:unsure:

What's even creepier is when I DO end up crying, sometimes it hurt's soo much, I have to stop before it's even close to over. That's caused me to feel the need to cry more often, making things even MORE trecuriously...painfull.....*sigh* Why must my life be soo filled with fail?

Thanks for helping to try to make me feel a bit better, though....
  6. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.