Tears and crying (not sure where to post this)

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Tearsarescary, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tearsarescary

Tearsarescary New Member

Hello, i'm new here. I have a major problum here. I feel the need to cry 24/7, like a serious need, but i'm terrified like hell of crying, and everyone I know keep's on telling me crying makes you all 'weak' and stuff, so I often refuse to cry at all, whether I need to or not.

When I do that, sometimes my heart beat's so fast, I feel like i'm going to have a heart attack. It's terrfying and very un-usual, because i've always ate very healthy and everything. Now i'm afraid i'm going to end up killing myself. Help!

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum.

What you've described sounds like a panic attack(anxiety attack). Anti anxiety medication should ease this. Have you seen your doc? :hug:

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I agree with what IrishDoll posted; but I just wanted you to know that crying doesn't make you weak. I used to be told that all the time too, and it took me a long time to realize that it's not true. It's okay to cry.

4. SelfMadePrison

SelfMadePrison Banned Member

Welcome to the forum
    I hope you continue to use it, especially in the time of need, sounds like you need a release to express some things you have not had the chance to.

I concur that your heart beat is because of panic attacks..

Crying can be very liberating.. I use to never cry and try hard to make myself not cry and so when I did it would hurt my head, but this year I now cry without holding back as I need to and I no longer have the pain in my head... I have also though for the first time in my life taking breathing exercises seriously and doing yoga, which is helping huge for the anxiety.

5. Tearsarescary

Tearsarescary New Member

I seriously rather would NOT take medications, as I know for a fact they often only make things worse, and often times, they CAN lead to people commiting suicide. We mustn't forget what happoned to MewSkitty now, too....

I once read that manly guys can cry SOMETIMES...I hope that is true....*sigh*:unsure:

What's even creepier is when I DO end up crying, sometimes it hurt's soo much, I have to stop before it's even close to over. That's caused me to feel the need to cry more often, making things even MORE trecuriously...painfull.....*sigh* Why must my life be soo filled with fail?

Thanks for helping to try to make me feel a bit better, though....

6. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.