Teasing in the net

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Sammakko..., Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

How many of you had been teasing on the net and what did you do about it? Have you been target of stalking or another games?

2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Being that this is the internet it's extremely easy to just block or avoid those that bother you.

3. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

Is it?

If you had to change all your social environment, leave all of your forums, change your emails and IP etc..

4. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Yes it is, they don't know you, on the Internet, you are anonymous so you can do as you wish. Everybody is anonymous with the exception of some social networking sites, which can also equate to everyone being a dick and showing their true colours. Internet bullying really does not matter, even if your head tells you it does, it doesn't, you can just block them.

5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I personally think that teasing is a light term and generally happens betwee friends who know how to take it well. I think what you're looking at becomes more serious than teasing, and becomes more nasty, evil and vindictive.

I think its both easy and hard to shake a person off on the web and it depends on many things, like where you met them, how much they know about you, your previously relationship with them, etc

I had a stalker and it was hard to shake her because previously we had been very good 'friends', but she had mega attachment issues which meant when the friendship broke down, she couldn't let me go. Was very hard.

6. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

When I tried to find out who does it I felt I am the stalker one... I do not honestly know what to do.. I take contact to police and staff to cut it piece by piece but that goes forward too slow. I lose my nervous before. If I had money I would change my IP but I do not know does it matter if I keep my emails and my usernames... Net is the only place where I can talk with people so I do not believe I can be just "not going there".

7. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Why not change your screen names on those places and also your e-mail addresses they get sent to. On the ones you want to continue to use you can contact them and ask for certain addresses to be blocked, or block them yourself (depending on who you use).

On the forum you go on then talk to the staff, ask for their help.

8. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

If my IP stay same is no matter what changes I do. I lend another IP but my other stuff stay the same and answer was "you tried to be clever?"

If someone is teasing by staff, be know that also staff have got staff!

9. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

You can approach other staff, or higher up staff.

Document it all, places, names, addresses, what they say, etc. The more documentation you have the better.

Would you call it cyber bullying? Do you respond to the person/people or do you ignore them?

10. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

This is another kind of game. Find weaknesses of your victims and suck all the blood but soft and slowly meanwhile beating of course -game. I would say it is art.

11. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

What you're talking about is definitely more than teasing. Teasing is okay if you know the person well enough and are comfortable with them. But I've had an online stalker, and that's far from teasing. I know what it's like to have to change screen names, email addresses ... everything about you.

12. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

But you got it stop?

13. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Yeah, I did. I changed my email address, MSN screen name, and everything else I could think of. It did make me even more paranoid about who I gave any personal info to. There are ways of getting away from someone though.

14. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

Paranoid is the word!!!

I am glad you got it stop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.