technology is great when it works, but when it's broken....

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by the masked depressant, May 10, 2011.

1. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

i've been experiencing a lot of problems with my computer the last couple of days

i could be doing something, and then all of a sudden the blue screen comes up- and it turns itself off. when i go to restart it, it claims it can't find the opearating system- and it takes me for ages to try and get it working again

i originally thought it may be windows media player (i've no idea why, it was just a feeling at the time) but apparently not. i've tried to run virus check- but it won't run and can't find the programme.

not really sure what to do- and it's kind of anoying me that i keep having to restart

any suggestions?

2. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

If you are running windows then download and install this Microsoft Security Essentials. Once it is installed do a quick scan then if it finds virus's etc let it clean them and then do a full scan which will take an hour at least. It should fix the problems and also this is trusted software that I use.

3. Push

Push Well-Known Member

Blue screen of death, that's what most people cal it, lol. I had that happen to me before but can't remember what I had to do. I know I found the answer to my problem through Google.

4. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

thank you julia

i will do this and let you know how it goes