• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

technology is great when it works, but when it's broken....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been experiencing a lot of problems with my computer the last couple of days

i could be doing something, and then all of a sudden the blue screen comes up- and it turns itself off. when i go to restart it, it claims it can't find the opearating system- and it takes me for ages to try and get it working again

i originally thought it may be windows media player (i've no idea why, it was just a feeling at the time) but apparently not. i've tried to run virus check- but it won't run and can't find the programme.

not really sure what to do- and it's kind of anoying me that i keep having to restart

any suggestions?

Julia-C

i've been experiencing a lot of problems with my computer the last couple of days

i could be doing something, and then all of a sudden the blue screen comes up- and it turns itself off. when i go to restart it, it claims it can't find the opearating system- and it takes me for ages to try and get it working again

i originally thought it may be windows media player (i've no idea why, it was just a feeling at the time) but apparently not. i've tried to run virus check- but it won't run and can't find the programme.

not really sure what to do- and it's kind of anoying me that i keep having to restart

any suggestions?
If you are running windows then download and install this Microsoft Security Essentials. Once it is installed do a quick scan then if it finds virus's etc let it clean them and then do a full scan which will take an hour at least. It should fix the problems and also this is trusted software that I use.

Push

Blue screen of death, that's what most people cal it, lol. I had that happen to me before but can't remember what I had to do. I know I found the answer to my problem through Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$600.00
Goal
$255.00