Teen Suing Tattoo artist, asked for 3 stars on face - got 56 stars!!

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Petal, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Instinctively, I believe the tattoo artist, if only because it's bad business to put 19x the effort into something for the same price.
  3. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

fell asleep? LOL

Money grabbing......
  4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Oh, I personally do believe she wants to get it removed, very badly, and would use the money to do just that... I think she's just stupid and didn't think it through.

"Oooh, I'd look so pretty with 56 stars on my face! Do it!.. ... Oh my god. I'm so dumb. But I think I can blame the tattoo parlour!"
  5. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Maybe someone can help me out here as I don't have any. But isn't it at least somewhat painful? Also, don't most people kind of check it out as they go along?

I think she should finish the other side with 56 more and even it out. But she should be careful that he doesn't put 113, then she'll have to back to the other side again. :laugh:
  6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Yes, being stabbed repeatedly with needles is painful. And I suspect that a tattoo artist would stop if you went unconscious... It could be a sign of a dangerous allergic reaction or overwhelming pain.
  7. killtomorrow

killtomorrow Well-Known Member

lol i think she looks cool!
  8. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

it looks.... different...
  9. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i cant see the article sadly, but from othe comments i will comment;
    It is possible to fall asleep whilst being tattooed, now while being tattooed on your face maybe a bit extreme its plausible.
    if she had fallen unconscious, the artist should have stopped and revived her, but not just for plainly falling asleep.
    as for the tattoo itself. face tattoos imo should never be done. they just dont work. and you cant ever cover them. so more fool the artist for agreeing to tattoo a teenagers face.
  10. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Why would you even want 3 stars tattooed on your face??

Aren't tattoo's painful? How could she fall asleep whilst her face is being needled? :confused:
  11. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

I sense a scam on the part of the girl :p
  12. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha. God, why would she even want three stars tattooed on her face? I don't believe she fell asleep with a needle in her face, I don't think anyone would. Ah, hilarious. I love stupid people sometimes.
  13. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I've never really understood the whole thing around tattoos. I understand being different and expressing yourself and all that but that shit is permanent and what you want to tell the world about yourself when you're 21 might be significantly different from what you want to tell the world about yourself when you're 45 and trying to get a job.
  14. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Indeed! Lol!
  15. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSrJPYmfYM0 So true, so topical!

And you can get away with a tattoo ANYWHERE BUT YOUR FACE. I had a high school teacher who was heavily inked - but I never saw the tiniest hint... So they don't necessarily cause problems when you're required to be responsible later, as long as you put some forethought into it. And, even if you get like, the back of your hand done, where you can't cover it with sleeve, that's not exceptionally offensive to most employers.
  16. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

as if you'd even get a tattoo on your face, you can't cover it. the folly of some people never ceases to amaze me. =.=
  17. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Could have been worse, she could have woke up and looked like him.
    I'm sure that made her feel a whole lot better, Jules. :laugh:
  18. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

Well frankly, if your stupid enough to get your face tattooed, you deserve what you get. :rolleyes:
  19. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

she's a fuckin idiot! who on earth could fall asleep getting a tattoo on their face! its stupid! serves her right!!

i think the guy who did it was a brave man ha ha
  20. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Well, my position is still the same. I'm 35. I remember wanting to get a tattoo when I was 19. I'm so glad I didn't. When I think back, the whole reason I wanted it was stupid and the tattoo I wanted, while somewhat reflective of my personality at the time, was nothing like me now.

If people want to get them, I don't have a problem with it. I've had friends who had many tattoos and didn't think any less of them. I just don't understand the mentality of wanting to get yourself marked for life. I think many people probably regret it later on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.