Teetering

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Blank Stare, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blank Stare

Blank Stare Member

I won't bore you with my longwinded story but I'm really scared right now. It's spring break (I'm in college) and my roomate is out of town for the week. I'm at a really low point and I don't know what to do. All I can think about is the razor blade in the top drawer of my desk which is making me antsy. I have friends and family near me but none of them are aware of my depression and I wouldn't feel comfortable talking to them right now. I've tried to work on schoolwork, I've watched TV, but I just can't concentrate on anything but my negative thoughts. Please, I need help getting through this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

B

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Sometimes when all I have our my negative thoughts, I write. Maybe a short story but mostly poetry. And to be honest I never did any poetry before, but once I started writing in verse about the dark thoughts, it became easy. It keeps you busy and distracts from cutting. And it gives you something to read again later. Try it you might surprise yourself! Good luck.

3. Blank Stare

Blank Stare Member

Thank you for reminding me of the therapeutic value of self-expression. I ended up playing piano all night which managed to distract me. :laugh:

B

4. peacegirl

peacegirl Well-Known Member

Teetering, all I can say to you is what I've been through, and that I know things do change. They DON'T stay this way forever. You must realize this. This is your feeling at the moment, but this has nothing to do with future moments, unless you assume that this is how it will be. That is when people give up. I hope you don't accept the present moment and assume this will be all future moments. This would compel you to do something drastic, and that would be so sad for all those people who love you, and especially those who might have known you but never had the chance. Please hold on. I know things look tough, but they aren't insurmountable. I've been there, trust me.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.