Practical Advice Teeth/gums help

Karma Lace

FallenAngel; Bleeder; Monster; Soul
I just noticed today (randomly ran my tongue across my teeth) my front gums seem to be degraded away and at least my top right-hand canine, I can feel a gap starting between my tooth and my gum ( such as like when a kid can feel their teeth starting to get looser), I'm not sure whther it's just recessing gums or if some or all is actually degraded away but without dental insurance or any money to cover just going to the dentist(especially with C-19 happening) what the hell do I do???

( @JacsMom I was directed by @sassy123 <3 that you may be able to help/weigh in?)

If you are in the US, you might want to try calling 211. They may be able to help connect you to a dentist.

I think there are some sources of free or low cost dentistry, like dental schools

Covid is putting some limitations on things, but you might be able to get a telamedicine appointment. I'm not sure if that would be available to you, but in principle you might be able to send pictures of your gums to a dentist for evaluation

I hope something can help

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
I had receding gums after a period where I was violently sick for 2 weeks. I started using a mouthwash and within a few weeks my gums were back to normal.

Karma Lace

I'm hoping that's all I'll need but seeing as there's almost none left in the front bottom and a gap forming to the point where I can feel it, it doesn't look too likely, Definitely trying though

JacsMom

Staff Alumni
I just noticed today (randomly ran my tongue across my teeth) my front gums seem to be degraded away and at least my top right-hand canine, I can feel a gap starting between my tooth and my gum ( such as like when a kid can feel their teeth starting to get looser), I'm not sure whther it's just recessing gums or if some or all is actually degraded away but without dental insurance or any money to cover just going to the dentist(especially with C-19 happening) what the hell do I do???

( @JacsMom I was directed by @sassy123 <3 that you may be able to help/weigh in?)
Sorry, I didn't respond sooner. I haven't been on the site for awhile and just saw your post. Without actually seeing what's going on, this does sound like the gum is receding. But I did look at your age, and this happens more commonly in people who are older. If you haven't had a cleaning in a long time and you have calculus (tarter) under the gums, this can be a cause. So it's important to get that cleaned up, if you can. Once gums have receded, they won't go back. So it's important to stop the cause of why they are doing that. The only way to find out what's going on for sure, is to see a dentist. Sorry, I can't give you any more help, since I can't see exactly what's going on. I hope you find out what the issue is. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Karma Lace

Sorry, I didn't respond sooner. I haven't been on the site for awhile and just saw your post. Without actually seeing what's going on, this does sound like the gum is receding. But I did look at your age, and this happens more commonly in people who are older. If you haven't had a cleaning in a long time and you have calculus (tarter) under the gums, this can be a cause. So it's important to get that cleaned up, if you can. Once gums have receded, they won't go back. So it's important to stop the cause of why they are doing that. The only way to find out what's going on for sure, is to see a dentist. Sorry, I can't give you any more help, since I can't see exactly what's going on. I hope you find out what the issue is. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thank you very much 💜 no problem on time away, it's understood. I'll have to check with my dentist then it'd seem 😥

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00