Tell a friend?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by anarulesmenow, Sep 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Hey I'm bipolar and noone knows. I have a lot of friends but a couple who are my closest friends. We're very close, and i feel like I could trust them. It's gotten to the point where we are so close, that i almost feel like im holding back by not telling them. Yet I've heard so many people say that they've told a friend and they haven't spoken since-it's been like an elephant in the room. How do I go about this? It's killing me, I can't go about this on my own anymore.

2. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

I guess one of the problems is we dont see each other too much. About twice a week when we're going out on the town ( we all work and have college) although we will try and meet when we can. We are very close despite this. But because often we only meet when we are going out on the town, i dont feel like this is an appropriate time to talk about this stuff. Its not the right time/place and they might have forgotten some of it if they are drinking. They might not be good to talk to either if they are drinking. But I dont want to just text them out of the blue and go 'WE NEED TO TALK NOW' or something like that, as it will seem too dramatic. They are off to uni in a week, I need answers quick!

3. LonerForever

LonerForever Well-Known Member

Well you have bipolar now and your friends are still as close to you as they are. Telling them that you have it shouldn't change anything at all. You're still gonna be the same person they have always known and accepted. It is entirely up to you how you go about it, depending on how comfortable you are with the idea. Just remember, you are still the same person they care for. I realise this might not be much help, but sometimes the opportunity just presents itself rather than being something that's planned in advance. Whenever you tell them, I hope it goes well for you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.