Tell a little secret about yourself....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sorry Mr A!

More untold events:

I lied (again) to the admin of my high school for almost a year. I became the attendance monitor, marked myself in and went to the beach. In the winter, I hung out at a place called Nathan's (hotdogs and snack place) the whole day until I had to go to work at a local supermarket...Oh yes, I lied to get the job...forged working papers so I could work when I was 14...and again, I lied to my parents, telling them I was studying, when I was actually partying and hanging out...and the last lie I will admit to for now: I told the teacher who was in charge of the club Future Teachers of America that there was a conference upstate NY, leased a bus, got 15 kids and a teacher to go...oh well! No conference; just an excuse to get out of my house for two days! My bad!

But at least you are in good company, Alex!

Okay, I will tell one more

My best friend in high school, Robin and I were in charge of a conference to be held in May of our Jr year. We were supposed to be working on it all year, but instead, we left school, went to Manhattan and shopped and played...we worked on the conference starting in February...surprisingly, it went quite well...and as PT Barnum supposedly said, " You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time." I think we fooled most of the people and others just did not give a damn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedy

Staff Alumni
That's the spirit! :) :hug:

I will tell one more too.. It took me a long time to come up with another one.. but here it is:

I love the feeling of swimming in water... especially outdoor places (pools, rivers, lakes, beaches, etc.) :) I wish I went swimming more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Illusion

Most kids are so peverted nowadays but I honestly didn't know what "anything" was until I was 13 so therefore I've only had that kind of knowledge for 3 years.
Kids in the 5th grade use to trick me into saying I'm Gay but I didn't know what Gay was then. Such an innocent mind I had for so long...

VALIS

One time I was on a freeway alone driving between SF and LA, and right in the middle my tire blew out. I was saved by a random farmer out in the middle of nowhere, he found me a new tire, we spoke in broken spanish.... it was a miracle. He wouldn't take payment and I hadn't any cash, although i offered him a vacuum cleaner.

In high school, my friend Olivia and I experimented with medicine cabinet roulette, and we slept for two days (it was the weekend) and I awoke enough to call my parents to tell them I would not be home...that surely cured me of random mood alterations, as the headache afterwards was one I had never felt before...I am sure throughout my youth there were angels on my shoulders, because I escaped harm, and clearly pushed the envelop a lot...J

I do tear a certain newspaper in the shops - a UK tabloid.

Sure - tear a few pages - why not?

My arthritis - or some problem with the hands? Not really.

You might say 'how childish' - well - I think people reading a daily dose of lies have no right to even think that about me!

In my town - I am not the only one who does this.

I even argue with the poor newsagent - which is funny as he speaks Arabic mostly - and thought I was a racist! I did argue when I had my hair cut to 1mm - shouted at him about lies and truth and how we had balance it and not deal in lies. Poor guy jumped back at my intro to him! We get on cool now.

Parers torn get sent back - so I tear a few.

Its a start and if everyone done likewise we'd be reading less lies and trivia. We would know little about celebrities.

Illusion

I say to others out loud "I'm sick" even though behind those 2 words I'm most of the time saying "I'm not motivated to do anything so just leave me alone".

pppqp

A colleague of mine who always treated me like crap was being nice to me on the phone today after she was told about my resignation. The first time she was nice to me was when she asked for my help. Today it's the second time.

Speedy

Staff Alumni
:hug: Back at ya'! =]

As for another secret.. Hmm....

I played coach-pitch baseball in a local little league when I was in the 3rd grade. After each game, there'd be free drinks to all players. I remember asking for a little cup of Mello Yello (a soda) each time.

Growing Pains

I was good with numbers until eighth grade, when I had a jerk of a teacher. I - to this day - can't recall most of what he'd said to me while I was in his class, but I remember him as being a ... really bad teacher. I have had a phobia of Math since.

Speedy

Staff Alumni
When I used to swim a lot in elementary school, I for some reason could never swim the butterfly stroke acceptably. I always had to cut corners and swim a little freestyle in between whenever I was asked to swim several laps using that stroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00