Tell me how fucked up this is...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by yursomedicated, Jul 28, 2009.

1. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

So yesterday I saw a new psychiatrist. He was asking me all these questions and I answered them all honestly. Half way through him asking me questions he goes "I can't help you, you are way to severe for me. You need to go to a hospital or something because I don't know who can help you."

How is that for confidence?

2. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

I've had therapists tell me that stuff before. It's only because they're not experienced enough to handle some people's issues. Its more about them than it is about you, trust me, because I have a therapist now who is experienced in dealing with my issues (and I had another good one before) and it's worth the effort when you do find one. If you're severely depressed/suicidal and told her/him that, that's why they mentioned hospitalization. They only do that if you admit you're suicidal or homocidal.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yeh time to find a therapist who gives a dam about you He probably isn't expereianced enough i hope he gave you a name of a therapist who could help you There are good ones out there and you deserve to have the best Ask this T who he would send you too.

4. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

that is beyond messed up and quite unprofessional in my opinion. You should see if there is anything you can do about him Ronnie. :hug:

5. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

Thank you BM, Mary and Josh :hug:

6. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

he should give you the name of another therapist who's more experianced.
    the therapist should also put on his signup sheet thing that he isn't experianced enough to take the cases of people who are suicidal or homocidal or severely depressed.

7. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

I'd think he'd say something like"you don't sound like you have to bad of problem,go here to DR.Mary"sorry mary your name came to thought :p