tell me is this ok?? chat

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by soliloquise, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

I want to fuck Paris Hilton till shes burned out of orgasms
    And then beat her face with a hammer

[soliloquise] ***** cut the shit

Not while I make people laugh and gasp in equal amounts

[soliloquise] that was sick

You think?
    [soliloquise] yes its a gross thing to say esp when people have been abuse
    [soliloquise] d

Sick jokes are my coping mechanism
    hmm kinda true
    [soliloquise] yea but lot sof people dont say that shit

welcome to SF chat ffs

2. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

lovely!

3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hey hun,

I've never been in chat so I don't really know what goes on there, but I'm sorry to hear you didn't find it helpful tonight.

Maybe you should post this in LTM instead of crisis forum? I guess it depends on how far you wanna take things.

Massive hugs :hug:

Claire xx

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I think SF needs more chat monitors from north america. Most are from the UK and they are long asleep when the morons enter the chatroom and cause trouble.

5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

This person was spoken to at the time, Sam, :hug:

6. the fleet asleep

the fleet asleep Well-Known Member

:doh:

well, honestly, theres gonna be a ton of people with add in a place like this. sick jokes arent a coping method, theyre a means of getting attention. to be fair, i make jokes, but that wasnt a joke. it was just a tired statement meant to be nasty. seriously, how do you not facepalm yourself after saying something so stupid?

i think its even worse when you tell someone acting stupid to take it down a notch, and they seem to claim ownership of chat. i cant say i ever outright tell people to shut up, but sometimes shit just gets outright stupid.

people get comfortable, thats just how it is. just because its a chat on a suicide prevention website doesnt mean itll be different from any other chat on the internet. considering the very nature of this site, youre bound to get people who crave attention beyond anything else, and who defend their need for that attention by any means.

its not unfair to expect people to conduct themselves with a certain level of maturity, but how mature can you expect everyone to be? from what ive experienced, the people who act like idiots are few, but loud. one person can come in and feel like the need all the attention in chat, and decide to take it over. its annoying, but whatre gonna do?

people need to grow up, for sure, and i wish i had been in the chat you were in sam.

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You were there when I stopped the conversation and no it was not appropriate. I don't feel it was really fair of you to post this insinuating nothing was done about it. I guess in a perfect world people would have enough respect for one another not to say things like this, or maybe we could stop things before they were said, but there is no way to stop what hasn't yet been done. Welcome to human nature. One aspect of it anyway :(

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm glad this person was spoken to by mods :)

9. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

*nods*

10. soliloquise

sorry i was upset by this but the mods acted fast and were great about it. sorry if i did not say that in my post. the point is that this shit happens a lot in chat. i know it is being looked at and i would hate to lose it. feel free to remove this thread of you want. i am not sure now why i even posted it here i was just very angry that was said in a room where many are survivors and do not enjoy harming others. sorry that was deffo a gaff on my part posting here.
    i did send it to ltm btw.. and as i say it was acted on fast.

sorryyyyyyyyyyy :blink::rolleyes::brainfart:

11. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

:hug:

Claire xx

12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I can understand your frustration with the total lack of regard for peoples feelings that some members seem to have. Some people are incapable of empathy or compassion.

13. I just went into the chat, and not a single person greeted me. When I tried to speak, I was ignored, even by the one Chat Monitor present in the chat. Now, it is around 11:30pm C.S.T. However, when I've been in the chat during the daytime here in the C.S.T. time zone, the people in the chat are a whole lot friendlier. I suggest that if people want support in the chat, wait until the daytime when Abacus21 and some of the other "actual" staff are present, along with people who actually care about others, rather than those who either insult or ignore people who aren't part of their "nighttime clique".

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009

14. Gentlelady, you are absolutely correct. This is a major problem that goes beyond any need for more Chat Monitors. At this point, I don't really care how many of the Chat Monitors get angry at me, but alot of you just don't seem to care. Therefore, I don't think that there needs to be anymore Chat Monitors. The SF staff needs more "real" staff members, people who actually care about this site, as Gentlelady and Abacus21 do, and how former SF staff member Moonstar did when she was an SF staff member.

15. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

i also think that there should be more mods.
    so that there are at least one in the chat 24/7, even when the chat is only two people.

16. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I agree Kurt, it's annoying when no one says hi:laugh:

I always try to greet everyone :)

17. soliloquise

wow that is sad... i get upset sometimes by how i am the only person saying hi to people who come in, it doesn't happen all the time tho. i agree that the chat mods should set an example.. some really don't give a shit. they should meet and greet as well as moderate. some mods ARE excellent but some are useless at challenging their peers and i have seen a couple join in with the idiotic behaviours. i wouldn't have let that happen to you kurt had i been in. i have been offline mostly for the last few days. it is up to ALL of us as members to welcome people and challnge spammers and immature people, not just the mods tho...

chat is one big clique sometimes.. fair enough but ffs include others. it is ignorant and v rude. its a suicide chat, people come for support.. be that support even if it just saying " hi, how are you ".. it really is not so hard :mad:

18. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

when it comes to chat there are good points and bad points, i doubt everyone will agree on every detail regarding the problems some members encounter.
    lets remember that everyone on this site have their own issues to face daily and that includes the staff.
    i don't think extra chat mods are needed just a more defined explanation of repercussions if rules are broken as each case seems to be dealt with differently to another.
    yes there are a minority of members who can abuse chat but i think you will find that every where.
    i can't see an easy way to fix this without upseting someone so i will trust the judgement of the staff on this one.

19. Bubble

Bubble Well-Known Member

I can understand why its frustating when people are ignored, but also not everybody is watching the chat page all the time they are there. I know it took roughly 5 minutes ish before anyone noticed i came in but at the same time i couldve said hi to get peoples attention if i wanted.

I think more mods could help but at the same time, they need to be from different areas of the word as to reach peak times where they may be needed and not leaving just as a problem arises as so often it does.

Also it says its a suicide chat, but chat lobby isnt specifically for trigger topics this is also sometimes the case as to why everybody goes quiet. In general is chat lobby not for light hearted discussion? I mean there are several other rooms where more deep discussions can be held as not everyone (like myself) goes in to talk about suicide, merely as a distraction or a bit of fun.

Bubbles 2 cents :)

20. soliloquise

how about implimenting a system of a 10 min cool off for the rule breakers... the blatant ones.. then being allowed back in... the secong warning banning for a day from chat? i don't know how hard that would be to impliment.

i still think it is up to all of us to report stuff on site and in chat that is wrong, nasty, triggering etc. i understand that some may find that hard but it IS anonymous in letters to management.

i usually have no problem challenging people in chat unless i am feeling very crap, and i do try to include everyone. is hard when it is busy tho, i get dizzy lol..

i forgot to add about sweetheart lynn.. yea she does always welcome people.. sorry lynn lol

we got to look out for each other. i have also found that by helping others i also start to sometimes feel better. that sounds horribly cliched but it is true...

nobody should feel ignored in chat.. esp not on a site like this

how about having chat welcomers.. people like site buddys.. to make sure everyone gets acknowledged.. i would happily be one. or chat scouts who watch the chat and report stuff if action is needed? i don't know its still early lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.