Tell Me Something Good

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by johnnysays, May 19, 2010.

1. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

Tell me something good about yourself that you wish you did more often. Something that feels productive or good to you.

For me, I would say computer programming. It always makes me feel more productive and happy about myself.

It doesn't have to make you money or something. It just has to make you feel good about yourself.

List a skill you have. No matter how small it's, list it anyway.

List something! I originally wanted to make a post where people post a skill they have. But it could be anything.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010
  2. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I volunteer at the local Salvation Army store. I only work 2 days a week, but it feels good to contribute, even if I don't get paid for it. I guess volunteering in itself isn't a skill, but knowing how to do the job is, so I might as well post it.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010
  3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

>.> hmmm... can't say what I want too... ummm... I guess I wish I watched more anime and kept my website up to date.
  4. carekitty

carekitty Guest

oops double post
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  5. carekitty

carekitty Guest

Working with animals. Or else spending time with kids who have serious health issues or elders who need help. Just trying to help anyone I can. It reminds me that my problems are not so bad, and it connects me to others.

I think this is a great idea for a thread. We need more positive stuff.
  6. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

I feel good when I write poems on a poetry forums on the internet.
    I feel good when I volunteer to help people at nursing homes and at assisted living.
    I feel good when I reach out and help someone who is down and out and homeless.
    I feel good I am safe at home during a thunderstorm.
    I feel good when I have solved a seemingly insurmountable problem.
    I feel good when I find love.
    I feel good when I get greeting cards and birthday cards in the mail.
    I feel good when I get personal letters.
    I feel good when I am reading a good book, and I can disappear to another place and time, without having to pay vacation fee.
    I feel good taking a warm shower.
    I feel good sleeping in bed when I really need the rest.
    I feel good when I walk in nature and smell the flowers and cut grass.
    I feel good at the beach as the surf rush towards my bare feet and caress my toes.
    I feel good when I did something that I thought that I couldn't do.
    I feel good when I eat hot stew in winter.
    I feel good when I am laughing at life.
    I feel good, after an illness, when my body recovers.
    I feel good when I realize, in spite of my portion of miseries, how many blessings I do have.

I hope that this feel good idea becomes a sticky. This should be made permanent. Such a good subject.
  7. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Something good!! Xd
  8. dunnowhat

dunnowhat Member

I feel good when I am taking photos of random objects.
  9. charmane

charmane Well-Known Member

What a geat list! I feel good about all those things. I also feel good when I actually finish a big project I am working on and when I am playing with my dog.
  10. skyisburning

skyisburning Well-Known Member

I love acting. Performing scenes is such a rush...a release of creative energy and emotion. And it's fun! :)
  11. flowingriver

Thanks Dyanne.:heart::heart:
  12. empty101

empty101 Well-Known Member

Well, three things immediately pop into my head:

1) Playing guitar. It's my goal that when I'm an old man I'm incredibly good at guitar (I'm 21 now) and I've been practicing for 3 years now. There's nothing better than sitting down and playing some soft, gentle and popular music that sounds absolutely amazing. My goal is to have 10 *REALLY GOOD* solo songs that I can play almost perfectly. I mean I know dozens and dozens of songs but so far my list has: Imagine, Blackbird, Canon in D, Tears in Heaven and Under the Bridge. It feels so good learning a chord or getting better at a song. Exactly like you said, it feels like I'm progressing and the best part about it is it's related to absolutely nothing in life. No matter what happens anywhere else I will always be able to have my guitar. And damn does it feel good when people are incredibly impressed with your playing :)

2) Drinking Tea. Tea is not only the cure to just about every illness but will also prevent pretty much everything. Of course, this is my opinion, but it's something I truly believe and lots of studies have given evidence that tea drinkers have a lot less diseases/problems. I think it clears my head, keeps my body clean and keeps me in a positive mood. Prevents me from getting acne, getting depressed, running out of energy and getting sick.

3) Exercise, of course. I generally mix cardio with stretching/flexibility exercises along with exercises that work on balance and coordination and finally very small strength exercises. I mean I have no background in really any sport but I do these things to keep my body strong, tough, flexible, reliable and in shape.

All these things I feel help me live longer, healthier and happier and as long as I keep doing them I know I can get through the toughest things. I also think all three of them help me age slower.
  13. flowingriver

Thank you, Empty101, those are very good ideas. I'm not much a musician, but I like to exercise, eat well and drink green tea. Post more good stuff when you can.
  14. Rowan

Rowan Banned Member

Uhm... Thats difficult... I can really only think of...

I volunteer at a non-killing animal shelter...
    Mandatory to graduate high school, was 40hours in the four years... last summer I made 48hours... so far I've done 8 more hours...

I have a skill in makeup... apparently... I love doing it, and I wont go down without a fight if someone takes it from me... especially my mother... she hates how dark my makeup is...

15. Next time she takes it from you just take it back and put some on her while she's sleeping, lol. :p (actually ignore that... bad idea, lol. but try n say you didn't at least smile a little bit thinking about it, :))
  16. empty101

empty101 Well-Known Member

Neither am I... well neither was I. That's one of the beauty's of practicing, suddenly you become part of this world that you thought you could never belong :). I mean I don't think I'm that great but people who know little about guitar think I'm amazing lol
  17. Ryan1976

Ryan1976 New Member

The best has to be playing my keyboard (piano). I get inspiration when im emotional, as do most people.
    Web design (learning)
    Walking my dog
    Going to the beach with the weather we've been having on the south coast of England lately!

Ok,so the latter two aren't talents but they make me happy and that in itself is an art.