Tell me something

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by dani_badseeds, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have no idea how many times this has been done before. Probably a billion.
    But I wanted to know things about you all. Get to know you all a bit.
    Anything you wanna put in is fine, no matter how negative, positive, irrelevant etc it may seem.

'Ave fun =]

2. beautifuloblivion

beautifuloblivion Well-Known Member

I'm 20. I joined SF almost a year life fell apart when my dad died exactly one week before my 19th birthday.

I'm really quiet and shy until you get to know me, at which point I'll never shut up. :rolleyes: I'm really sensitive and I often overreact. I blame myself for everything...even when I know I shouldn't, I can't help it.

I feel like I wasted all my potential by dropping out of college. Now I'm in culinary school and I enjoy it, but I feel like such a disappointment to pretty much everyone, especially my teachers and my family.

I'm a failure at relationships too. I've dated lots of guys, although I've never thought of myself as particularly attractive. But it doesn't matter because I've never even had a real boyfriend, since no guy has ever really liked me as a person.

Yeah, that was pretty much all irrelevant...but maybe I'll think of something else later. :sad:

Don't forget to post something about yourself, dani_badseeds. :smile: :hug:
  3. Hey that was great. That's the kind of thing im looking for, who you are and interests and life and stuff. tops! thanks for taking the time to write something =].

I'm 18 in 2 weeks and 3 days, marvelous! I joined up sometime in Feb, which was the day I found the site. Up until that point I didn't really care much for helping myself.

I went to highschool until the first week of year 12 but decided it wasn't for me so I went and did a music course at Tafe but they basically teach you to play like a robot so i stopped going for fear of my musicianship.
    I drink a lot of wine and smoke cigarettes. I'm trying to kick a drug habit.

I'm rather deeply in love with someone. Sometimes I think I must be a hard person to be with, and I probably am. But she gets me, that's all I could ask for. We'll be a year in June =].

I'm pretty talkative and generally never stop. But I listen too.. So I guess that's when i'm not talking haha.

Music is pretty much my everything. I've never had a time in life without it. I play guitar, sing and occasionally the keys (keyboard, piano, organ). I write my own music and songs and play in bands. Which is pretty much all I wanna do, it's my only aspiration. A 9-5 job isn't exactly my calling in life haha.

I'll add more when I think of more. Have a good one oblivion
  4. SeemsPerfect

SeemsPerfect Guest

Thought I'd offer something. Hope you both don't mind. :unsure: By the way, badseeds, happy early b/day man. Wish you all the best.

I'm a little older - recently turned 30. Spent my whole life trying to be the "perfect" guy. Saw a lot of really bad family stuff growing up - I know a lot of you can relate.

Was a "nerd" in middle school...played sports and became "popular" in high school...learned just how fake people are b/c my "friends" were the same people that teased me a year prior. Did the college thing and the frat boy thing. NEVER looked down on others and ALWAYS took up for those who may not have been "popular." By the way, popularity is BULLSH*T! Saying it in case anyone thought otherwise.

Worked in finance. Got into boxing and Maui Thai (kickboxing). Like my dad...and grandfather...and uncles...I went into the military. Did the Iraq thing after 9/11 (no comment).

Got out the military last year. Back in the world of finance. Got tired of corporate politics and started my own company. Now? I basically spend every day going through a list of things to live for in order not to blow my brains out. :mellow:

Now here I am. I'm glad a place like this exists. Honestly, the people here are BY FAR the coolest, most honest people I've ever seen in my life.
  5. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

My name is Ruby, I'm 19 years young and live in London. I finished School in 2003. I used to attend a dance school - I danced for six hours a week. I did a dance exam and passed. I also went to a drama academy every Thursday. My drama teacher was called Catherine. I have an older brother and sister who are 29 and 26. I have two dogs named Tara and Ben. Ben is really big and fat; he reminds me of a big bear. I'm a type I diabetic. I like drinking flavoured water, especially 'Fruit shoot h2o'. I have an LG chocolate phone. I'm going to finish writing now..
  6. DarnTired

DarnTired Antiquitie's Friend

Hi, I've done these things before but I like re-introducing myself to new people.

Anyway, I'm 37, soon to be 38. I'm unmarried and live in North Hollywood. I've a been writer and actor for years, but haven't made a living at it. I was making a living as a video editor until last year when I was laid off. I was unemployed for half the year, got a temp job for a few months, and now I'm unemployed again.

I've been in love several times, but they never loved me back. My family lives in Massachusetts and I don't get to see them very often. I've recently broken up with my best friend and although I have several other good friends, I don't get to see or talk to them much.

I see two student therapists once a week (for $10 a visit) to talk about my problems with inferiority, guilt and depression. I drink too much beer, vodka, gin and whiskey (not all at once).

I love listening to 60's psychedelic music, I love scary movies, classic films, and smart funny movies. I love listening/watching British comedy and would love to visit England someday, maybe even live there. I'm a registered democrat. I drink tea.

I've written fifteen screenplays, two novels and a hell of a lot of comedy sketches. I produced and directed a comedy show on stage the week that the U.S. went to war in Iraq, so nobody came to see it.

My two favorite movies are 2001 and The Wizard Of Oz.

My favorite record is The Beatles' White Album.

I don't sleep very well, worry about money, find myself so unfocused that I can rarely send out many resumes in any given day, pace the floor and talk to myself when I'm alone, and am generally very lonely.

For those of you out there who already knew all of this, my appologies.

If you'd like to get a gander at my face and see what kind of comedy I write, go to (We are a bit edgy, so you've been warned.)

That's it for me.
  7. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

I guess I'll add a little bit too...

My name's Lauren (as you probably know if you've been in chat with me before), often shortened to Laur by some of those who know me well - and some of those who think they do :tongue: - though I'll answer to moonie, moon or pretty much anything really.

I'm 18. And a student, at uni in Glasgow. I've been a member here for 2 1/2 years now, and a moderator for just over one of those. I came here because of self harm and "bullying", and stuck around. At this point I'm taking the first step towards help - counselling - after a disastrous foray into 'help' from the medical profession two years ago. But that's in the "suffering the NHS" thread, and should not be brought up again :laugh:
    Anyway. The best part is, I don't self harm any more.

I enjoy reading, writing and the internet. Well, right now that's not strictly true. I spend a lot of my time sleeping, eating, or watching TV. But that's because I don't have much interest in books or anything where you have to actually use your BRAIN, right now.

I am a music addict, right now I'm alternating between two playlists on my iPod - Bowling For Soup Greats, and Down Songs (first one is self-explanatory, and second consists of Linkin Park, Lostprophets, Johnny Cash, Kelly Clarkson, Everclear, etc.)

The inordinate amount of TV I've been watching boils down to: Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, The Real Hustle, Ideal (a lot of BBC 3, ok, I admit it), Family Guy, American Dad, and a couple of eps of Takeshi's Castle, as well as a bunch of one-off programmes.

I think that's pretty much all you need to know about me. I can be weird, I can be a good listener (apparently - I wouldn't know), I can be funny and a bit sarcastic. But right now I'm just in perpetual panic mode, even though I'm always too tired to do much actual panicking.
  8. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I'm 55 with four daughters, the eldest married and with one child and one on the way. I've always had animals and I have a lot right now: one dog, five cats, twelve rats, three mice, two parakeets, and one bunny. I'm self employed and won't ever go back to factory work. I've been depressed most of my adult life, tho not diagnosed til my 40's. I'm currently single and tho I get lonely sometimes I don't mind living on my own. I found SF "accidentally" when surfing the net for methods a year and a half ago... and glad I found this place.:smile: I didn't have a lot of friends as a kid cause of having a strange name and being skinny and awkward. I still remember the hurt of being made fun of and excluded. My kids were never allowed to act like that, but being brought up in a compassionate home they never chose to act that way.

9. Thanks everyone, the replies are great. keep em coming everyone else? yay!

SeemsPerfect: Cheers mate, the big "18" and it falls on Friday the 13th haha.. always was left of centre. I'm not into sports or athletic pursuits but Maui Thai sounds really awesome.. I think it's all in the name haha.
    Yeah that whole superficial competition between the "losers" and the "popular" is so cruddy.. especially toward it's irony.. The "losers" take up pretty much the entire school and are all good mates and what not and the "popular" people are a minute group... go figure.

Ruby: London aye? I've always wanted to go there. My mum's sides' family grew up in Rugeley or some place like that, can't remember the exact name. Would love to go back for a while.
    Oh flavoured water! I'm not a big fan of it myself, there was some kiwi flavour or something that put me off it forever... someday i'll try another flavour... someday =]

DarnTired: I hope you find yourself a new job soon. One that you can enjoy, no less. Brit comedy is by far the best!
    Do you watch Black Books or Faulty Towers? I'm guessing you would.. silly question really.
    I'll be sure to check that link out once i've replied to this.
    If you wanna see mine and such: i'm pretty sure that's the right link
    Happy job hunting!

moonstar89: I probably don't spend as much time in chat as I possibly should. I'll make more of an effort =]. I'm glad to hear you're not self harming anymore, that's great!
    Forgive my stupidity but is Glasgow somewhere in Russia?

theleastofthese: I love cats! they're so beautiful! I take it your rats are domestic? My girlfriend has one (Lillith), cutest face in the world, also a little scavenger haha. It, along with her Gallah (Screamer) scares the crap out of the cats haha, domination has taken a different face.
    If you don't mind me asking, what is your name?
  10. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

I was born in Israel to american parents
    I am 19
    I moved to america when i was 6
    I graduated high school when i was 17
    I dropped out of college after a semester, I backpacked across europe where i met a nice boy from maine and picked up a nasty drug habit
    I came home with the nice boy
    I became a problem for everyone and found a love of art
    I went to rehab for a few months
    the nice boy overdosed
    I got a job at a fabric store
    now i make clothing and have my fabric store job
    I give people nasty looks all the time
    I enjoy sleeping, eating, and tv
    I enjoy arts and crafts way too much
    (glasgow is in scotland)
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2007
  11. John6491

John6491 Well-Known Member

I am 15 almost 16. I live in Texas a little north of Fort Worth. I am single and have never had a girlfriend.. I am part Japaneses and have some Irish i think. I go to high school and i am probably going to fail school again this year.... I am learning Spanish in school but i would rather be learning Japaneses.
    I'm trying to get more into computers and should be taking a class next year that will get me my first certification to heading into the field.

I love music i have about 1,400+ songs now... I dont watch much T.V. because most of the stuff that is on is pointless to watch...
    I smoke and drink but not a lot.
    I used to play soccer i played it for 6 years, was in gymnastics for about a year and now i just play hackey sack

I am now getting migraines and they really suck once nothing is working for them right now.... my left eye is also messed up and 4 doctors took a look at it and they found noting so they are some of the best doctors ever.....
    No one around me knows i suffer from depression and i have also tried to kill myself before...

Thats about as much as i feel like typing out for now
  12. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

Oh man hackey sack is the greatest thing.
  13. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

hi, well my name is samy, that's right, 1 m. It's short for Samantha. I'm 20 years old and i live in Canada. I work @ a car parts warehouse, i'm a dispatcher, but i got a promotion, so next week i will be on the order desk. I'm very very nervous.

I like sports, i play hockey, rugby, and baseball and i like to rollerblade. I drive a 91 GMC jimmy that has pink palm trees on the side. I like emily the strange. I collect bottle caps. I try to play guitar, but i really really suck @ it. I have a cat too, her name is piglet, she's an orange tabby. I'm obsessed with my computer and um....i hurt myself. I try to be nice to everyone and i very rarely get mad. I have 5 tattoos and 7 piercings, getting another tattoo soon :smile: if there's anything you want to know about me, just ask
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2007
  14. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Ermmmm Name is Vikki incase you didn't guess from my user name :eek:hmy: am 19, 20 in September >.< Am a Londoner lol a gangsta one according to someone in chat :tongue: Have 2 bothers and a step brother 9,11 and 18. Have had depression since i was younger but has got worse. Mainly due to a situation with my brother. Mum had a breakdown about 9+ month and my brother was sectioned for a few months. I quit college a few weeks ago, was doing National Diploma in Sports Science. Am in the process of looking for a job. Anything else just ask :smile:
  15. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I'm Ester, 19yrs old, Dutch.
    I started a bachelor degree programme called Business Communication Studies at University in September but dropped out in October. My depression has gotten worse after New Year but I'm coping. I'm not doing anything these days apart from being lazy or hyperactive.
    If things work out the way I want now, I'll be going back to University in September but this time to do the bachelor degree programme English Lanuage and Culture.
    I love to translate stuff and I have a big passion for all different languages and cultures.
    I am utterly 'obsessed' with Australian stuff. I love everything that has to do with Australia, the Australian accent at a first spot!

also some people say I'm obsessed with Dido and Missy Higgins. I wouldnt put it like that. I prefer the term "heavily into it" or "totally love" them I'm just a big fan of both. :smile:

I listen to all kinds of music. Anything really, except for happy hardcore and stuff like that and also not really much hiphop/r&b.

I like animals. :smile: I live in a student home. :smile:

I'm am mad but in a good way :wink:
  16. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

Oooh ester whats your favorite language.
  17. LoD

LoD Well-Known Member

I'm Sven, 19 y/o, Dutch

I've been able to speak English since age 6 and it's basically the only thing I'm good at. And guess what? Around 2 billion people are fairly good at it. :eek:

I follow an IT-education (computers, programming) which I'm not sure of if it's the right thing for me. I'm shy, closed, fighting to protect my own little world, in which I solely roam.

My interests I don't know, I've never really had one, I never played sports, I can't see depth so most sports are quite lame for me as well. Imagine soccer, tennis and such to do without depth. :)

Meh, I'll stop writing this. It's useless with thoughts like mine. ^^

18. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I've always had a thing for Japanese and Chinese, I'd really love to learn those one day. Of the languages I can speak I think I love Italian and Spanish most. Such a shame that I can really only speak those two languages a tiny little bit.
  19. Nuri

Nuri Well-Known Member

Right, well I thought I might as well join in on this since I haven't really informed people about myself and I'll be opening almost 'everything' about myself when I start my Psychology classes in September...

My name is Callum, I'm 16 years old, Male, English, 6"1 (186 cm) tall, I weigh 88 KG (13 stone, 8 lbs... 194 lbs...), I'm Bi-Polar/Manic Depressive, Bi-Sexual, Borderline, Quiet, Shy, Lonely and I also suffer from Anxiety, as well as many, many other things... Oddly enough, nothing pyhsical; apart from having a close call with cancer. I'm single, yet again... Nothing out of the ordinary there though. I was born on the 3rd of August 1990 and I was born at the Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. I'm a aspiring Musician and Song-Writer, I love music, it's my life and other things... My main instruments are Guitar, Bass Guitar, Piano and Vocals. I listen to all types of music, apart from Rap, Pop and Hip Hop. I love to play and watch Football (Soccer) and I like playing Rugby too... I do have the physical build of a Rugby player after all :tongue: . I'd love to speak different languages and I'm currently teaching myself to learn, French, German, Spanish and Italian. I live in a house, I've never had any pets because my Father wouldn't let me... I love Animals... I'm currently looking for a weekend job but not having any luck so far... I don't drink or smoke... I suck at Maths and my Handwriting is crap but... I'm trying to improve that... I don't take any medication and I can't swallow pills.

I've lived in three different places; St. Ives, Cambridgeshire 1 - 8 years old - Colchester, Essex 8 - 12 years old - Swindon, Wiltshire - 13 - 16 years old; in that order, throughout my life time... All in England, United Kingdom.... I'm not Patriotic, by any means and I hate the current Political Government.

When I was 7; My mother had informed me and my brother; who was 14 at the time, about our half-sister named Samantha and of course, that she was going to visit us, she was 18 at the time, which is the legal age that a adopted child can discover the truth about her mother etc... I actually dressed up for her arrival, wanting to make a good impression on my newly found sister.

I was so excited, it was the first time that I had experianced elation yet I was also feeling apprehensive... She arrived about an hour later, I was shy, I even hid from her a point... The day progressed... There's one distinct moment that I remember... My mother and my newly-found-half-sister, sitting at the dining-room table, holding hands and crying... It was so beautiful... Mother and Daughter, finally reunited after 18 years of lies and seperation... If only it lasted...

She stayed for the night, she slept in my bedroom, in my bunkbed that I usually had all to myself... I had to sleep in my brother's room instead though, for reasons that I wasn't aware of at the time because I was young.

She left the next morning, I really haven't had much contact with her since, apart from going to her house, with my brother and watching the Independence Day (I loved that film, I still do infact, one of my favourites.) with her etc... And of course, the odd few text messages with her trying to connect with me... That's when I first experianced depression... I really want to get to know my sister... I'll do anything...

My mother is Bi-Polar and on Anti-Depressants etc... as a result.

Moving on; I witnessed the death of a close friend, attempted suicide of another close friend, with my own two eyes and of course, my first death threat, at the age of 8, shortly after I moved to Colchester. I then experianced bullying for the first time, which went on for a period of 6 - 7 years... it continued untill I was 15 and just about to leave School. My bullying and my depressiion caused me to miss a large amount of Schooling, as a result, I failed my GCSE's (End of School exams)... I couldn't go to College due to my Anxiety but... I'm currently working on putting that right though, I have to stay in College for 2 - 3 years though and hopefully, I'll end up at Cambridge University.

I lost another close friend at the age of 15, he was a victim of the July 7th bombings... as well as losing another friend who killed herself this January.

If i've missed anything out... then you can find it at... and feel free to ask me any questions too, if you want to know more.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2007
  20. . yeah mad this just keeps getting better and better, kudooosss

Lady E: cheers for clearing up Glasgow. I would love to go across Europe and such. Hell

I'd just love to travel sometime. I'm sorry about the nice boy. Do you still have that

nasty drug habit?

John6491: Hackey Sack! Was always great! I'm not much of an athlete or sportsman myself

but kudos for that game!! a fan of IT work I see? What kind of area of computers do you

wanna work with?

iusetosmile: Bottle Caps? That's awesome! I used to collect tea bag labels.... so yours'

was better! Why'd you start collecting them?

- vikki - : What's sports sceince exactly? Is it directed more at like patterns and

algorithms and what have you associated with sport or am I just talking bollocks? I realy

have no idea

Ishtar: Tis good to be cooky Ester! Yay, you're obsessed with aus-town. rad.

LoD: Never useless Sven. They're your thoughts. Tennis, personally, always bored me a great deal, but i suppose im not discriminate against it... i dont like any sport =]

Nuri: I'll have to read yours when i don't have steff or mum hovering over my shoulder.. it's taken me a few hours just to reply this much haha, much appologies. looks like i very interesting read i must say
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.