• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Tell me this isn’t weird!

So yesterday I was up and out of the house at 7, went for a walk, did laundry, cooked a meal, etc. Even made a Christmas list, Today, though I did take a walk, if I had a weapon I would be tempted. What the f..?

Were all together

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Seeing him next Monday...but may text him in between,
Best thing to do is keep a diary of your mood swings. That way it will help them diagnosed you better. Tell them exactly what you feel and at what times. One thing not to do, is to try and self diagnose yourself. Then, you'll get your mind into thinking you have something totally opposite.

Best thing to do is keep a diary of your mood swings. That way it will help them diagnosed you better. Tell them exactly what you feel and at what times. One thing not to do, is to try and self diagnose yourself. Then, you'll get your mind into thinking you have something totally opposite.
I have been keeping a day to day chart. I am not imagining this...one day I am ok next not....it is blatantly obvious.

Sunspots

Pffffeckn amazin
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
it is blatantly obvious.
There are many different diagnoses that could cause mood swings like this, not just bipolar. Bipolar, if anything, tends not to cycle that quickly. Generally peoples moods will take a few weeks to change, not one day to the other.
I'm not saying it's not bipolar but as @Were all together says, it's important not to self diagnose.

There are many different diagnoses that could cause mood swings like this, not just bipolar. Bipolar, if anything, tends not to cycle that quickly. Generally peoples moods will take a few weeks to change, not one day to the other.
I'm not saying it's not bipolar but as @Were all together says, it's important not to self diagnose.
Agree that I should not self diagnose....I just don’t understand this. I will speak to my dr again....it’s so messed up.

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
It could be part of the PTSD rather than having bipolar. What you describe does not sound like bipolar at all plus you don't have hypomania. Bipolar isn't swinging from okay to depressed within a short space of time.

It could be part of the PTSD rather than having bipolar. What you describe does not sound like bipolar at all plus you don't have hypomania. Bipolar isn't swinging from okay to depressed within a short space of time.
Yeah....who knows. Will have to just tell the dr. I did do some pretty out of characteristic things after the trauma so who knows..
the med I am on has helped more than any other but I think it needs a boost....I don’t know....just desperate for long term relief.

It may not be bipolar. But if you are having mood swings, make an appointment with a psychiatrist. I am diagnosed Bipolar 1. Once I was diagnosed we finally found the right medication cocktail and it has worked very well. However, as you can see, I’m on this forum, so I still have suicidal ideation from time to time. Tonight I just feel flat and I have no motivation to go on. I feel so isolated. Right now I just want to be around you all who maybe have the same or similar feelings I’m experiencing.

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Yeah....who knows. Will have to just tell the dr. I did do some pretty out of characteristic things after the trauma so who knows..
the med I am on has helped more than any other but I think it needs a boost....I don’t know....just desperate for long term relief.
Most people would do out of character things after trauma. It's highly unlikely to be bipolar. Besides, pills ain't gonna cure trauma, you'll need therapy for that.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$255.00