Tell me why I shouldn't do it?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by carebear32, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carebear32

carebear32 Well-Known Member

Can anybody give me a reason why I shouldn't just kill myself? Yes, I know my mother is sick, but she's trying to drag the rest of us down to the financial disaster that she's put herself in. I have some company stealing money from me every month (every month I have to go into the bank to reverse it) I've been told the company will never stop. I try to budget for my therapy for the month and the stupid debt I owe. Mom bored quite a bit from me last Saturday and said she'd pay it back (with what I don't know). I can't find a job and in all I can't take all this anymore.

2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi carebear, sorry things sorough for you now..hope the withdrawal of funds get taken care of and ends.. only reason i can hope you stay alive and kickin' is from my long experience on this earth is that things can change ofr the better .. also when you least expect it.. to enjoy that you have to still be alinve.. take care, Jim

3. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

take all your money out of that bank account and never pay them a dime again. That is what you have to do don't get pushed around by thieves and if your bank won't help you then just tell them to go F themselves and change banks.

4. carebear32

carebear32 Well-Known Member

I had my whole month planned. My psychiatrist put me on 4 medications and I was hoping to just get my anti depressants, because I'm sick and tired of constantly thinking of any form of suicide imaginable. Is it so wrong to want to help myself for once? Now I have to start all over again and try again to get them in about 2 months as next month will now be very tight again. Why do I even bother? I am so screwed.

5. Lps

Lps Well-Known Member

Well, suicide wouldn't be helping yourself...that's an illusion. I understand how you're feeling BUT the thing that has kept you alive is actually something inside yourself. All living things are here to LIVE. Your body wants to LIVE. You are just in a lot of pain. So the question is how to relieve some of the pain, the burdens, and get to some happiness. THAT is where you can be selfish...getting some happiness back into your life by being honest about what you need and what makes you happy. Sending you love.

6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

That is EXTREMELY good advice, Lps - because it is true :)

I don't understand how a company can steal money from you every month under the bank's nose, and that this will never stop? If you have proof that they are doing this, surely you have the law on your side? You must consider yourself and getting well your first priority.

And the very good reason we should not consider killing ourselves, is because we do have that drive within us to survive, despite what gets sent our way.... when we feel hemmed in from all horizontal directions, the place to look is vertical :)

7. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Go to your bank and sit down with one of the bankers. Tell them what the issue is and ask them to close your account and open a new one. This will create for you a new account number that whoever is charging to it will not be able to charge to because they won't know the number. How can they be removing money from you anyways? It seems to me that if you did not authorize it, then it is a crime. I sit down with my banker all the time over various issues and they're always resolved.

I don't know the situation with your mother, but don't let anyone drag you down. You are your own person. At the same time, if your mother is sick, then perhaps work out a plan of compassion to assist her and ease some of her worries and pains.

I wish that I could speak on how things work in your country, but I cannot. Perhaps the above bank information does not apply in South Africa. Perhaps too, there is no public assistance for someone who cannot afford their medical costs. In the U.S. there is, so you might check and see if there are any programs there that can help you with the costs for medications and therapy.

8. Lizette

Lizette Member

I have asked myself the very same question as you have: Why go on? There is an answer though right now. I often feel the same way. Pained, hurt, scared, nervous, ect... The answer that I have to this question is that even though it doesn't seem this way at the moment, there are people out there who love and care about you. These people would be heart broken if you decided not to go on. This truth is the reason why my heart is still beating today. Yes, I struggle with images in my head of not going on and yes I still feel pain in life. However, just because images fly into your head or thoughts fly into your head doesn't mean that they have to come true. Remember, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Things will get better. I can't promise you that things will get better right away, but I can promise you that they will get better. There is a part of you that wants to live even if it is extremely small at the moment. Here is what I do when I'm feeling the way you are right now: I take two deep breaths, close my eyes, and picture the person who I love the most. I think about how they would feel if I acted on the thoughts I was just thinking. Each time I do this, I realize that they would be hurt if I did that. I also realize that I wouldn't want them to feel hurt. This is what keeps my heart beating and it is my reason to keep living. Stay strong! You are not alone in this journey.

9. champie

champie Well-Known Member

I've been getting into Buckminster Fuller lately. He has spoken about his own confrontation with suicide. His answer was that our lives don't belong to us, they belong to the universe, and our job is to figure out how to steer this Spaceship Earth. He coined the term "trim tab" to describe that each person has the capacity to "trim" humanity's course. So, he says, you work for the universe!

I'm not trying to give advice or preach. Instead I am sharing my own experiences and thoughts and hoping that we can all experience a bit of clarity and understanding about ourselves and our purpose in living.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.