Tell someone I love them.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by anarulesmenow, Dec 30, 2011.

1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Hey I'm a girl and I'm bisexual,I have known for a long time and all my friends know and are cool with it. There's a girl I am in love with and have been for a while, she likes girls too. There's always been something between us and I'm not just saying that, our friends have noticed it too and said stuff to me about it. We don't live too close but we try and see each other as friends whenever we can. Just not sure about how to tell her? It might not be such a good idea to come out and tell her that I love her straight away, but I know that there is something good between us. Not sure what to do about the situation. I know it's nothing major, I'd just like some advice please!
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Why not just let nature take it course hun be a friend okay and if more comes of it great but if you open up and feelings are not mutual you risk loosing a good friend you have Let it go slow ok enjoy what you have and wait and see what happens hugs
  3. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Some people get creeped out if you tell them that you love them when the time isn't right.
  4. Jam292

Jam292 Member

SAYING "I love you" is meaningless. SHOWING "I love you" that's where it's at.
  5. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

I wouldn't exactly tell her I love her straight away, that would seem weird but I'm not sure what to say. I could say I like her but I don't want it to sound so simple (not sure how to put it because I don't just like her if that makes sense), and I think I might give it away in my expressions and tone of voice, even if I just said I liked her. And I know I wouldn't lose her as a friend over this.
  6. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

pay attention to the little things - head rubs if she has a headache, make her something hot to eat or drink if she's not feeling well, learn how she takes her tea or coffee, what her favorite soda is, etc...

let the actions speak for awhile
  7. jeroen

jeroen Well-Known Member

You could just tell her straight that you are in love with her. The people who say that you should show it with your actions are not wrong, but your loving actions can be seen as friendly gestures instead of romantic gestures. I had the same thing when I met my wife, after four months she still did not get that I was in love with her, so I told her. Yeah, this can be awkward or weird, it was in my case, but there really is no risk-free and awkwardness-free road to relationships...