Tell the Truth?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by not2serene, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. not2serene

not2serene Member

I have my next therapy session in about 1 1/2 hours. I decided to give 1 more shot before following through on my plan later today. But, I don't know if I can tell her the whole truth. I want someone to know, to maybe intervene...I can't deal w/ my life anymore & don't really want to.

But, as I type this, my cat is by my side, licking my hand. He's such a mama's boy & I fear he'd not be happy w/ anyone else. Though I've made provision for him, can I really do this to the only one who seems to love me just as I am?

But, if I'm open w/ my therapist, I have to live w/ the emptiness, unending pain, & hopelessness. When I woke this morning, I felt so sick...I knew this is a crossroads. Will I choose to live or die?

I'm not really even sure yet what my answer will be.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

If you choose not to tell the whole and complete truth then you are not giving your therapist or the professionals a chance to assess and accurately adjust the help and supports available for you. Do not wonder if they could have actually helped had they simply been given the full opportunity to begin with. The fact that they have not helped up to this point without full knowledge of the the extent of your despair and sincere need in no way means they cannot help if given that that knowledge. I urge you to be just as blunt with them and give them a chance - in the end it will work or not work- you have absolutely nothing to lose but may get help or at least peace of mind.

Take Care and Be Safe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.