Tell us about your avatar!!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Petal, Oct 1, 2015.

1. darkangel52

darkangel52 Active Member

My avatar is my kitten. She can be so adorable it makes my heart wanna burst. Sometimes I feel like she’s the only one that won’t abandon me. I chose her as my avatar because she’s cute and not exactly threatening, I thought it might make people want to talk to me cause it would make seem....not sure what the word is...less troubled maybe??
    Unknown_111, Yukeli and baywasp like this.
  2. Lifeisagift

Lifeisagift Well-Known Member

Mine is a phoenix, legendary animal with many properties. It is in a life and death cycle, reborns from its ashes over and over again. I love it because i think that every new life is a new possibility to make it different, just as we can make a difference everyday. I used to hear and say "live every day like the last one" until a friend told me to do the exact opposite. Live everyday like the first one of your life, not in a hurry, always with curiosity, interest for everyone around, experimenting, falling and getting up again.
  3. Yukeli

Yukeli SF Supporter

Mine is a picture I took myself. It's a pelican that I photographed on a boat trip from Walvis Bay, Namibia in November. That was a really cool vacation!
    Unknown_111 and baywasp like this.
  4. aKindHeart

aKindHeart Member

My avatar is a Monarch butterfly. I saw many of them this past summer at some of the most unique times and I had thought it was a 'meaningful' synchronicity at the time. I thought it was a confirmation of a life-path career transformation I was/am going through. I got fired up and had the 'zest' in my life back in my 50's pursuing a 2nd career that was in helping/healing others in the pure spirit of universal Love. It was a major leap of faith. Well things have changed for the worst and I am not so sure of my life path now and I am very confused, discouraged in every aspect of life. Nonetheless, I just think they are pretty creatures and perhaps maybe..I can once again see them as a symbol of my journey.
    Unknown_111 likes this.
  5. Winston Cronin

Winston Cronin The Gopher Apocalypse: Just know who I support.

You may not have recognized mine, but you all probably will after I explain. This is the beloved Chuck Rodent from the movie Caddyshack. May help to imagine him dancing to Kenny Login's "I'm Alright."
  6. Dibley

Dibley Member

Mine is Fifi, my baby kitten, or was baby kitten. It was taken about 11 years ago, when I was with my ex. She was so beautiful and truly loved me so very much.
    baywasp likes this.
  7. Karmitkurmit

Karmitkurmit King of the Hedge SF Supporter

I love hedgehogs! This one sums up my current state perfectly: "look, I'm here at the party ain't I? I said I'll wear the damn hat, but don't expect me to be bloody happy about it!" :D

Just kidding, but I do love the way they curl up to protect themselves...much like all of us.
    baywasp likes this.
  8. Karmitkurmit

Karmitkurmit King of the Hedge SF Supporter

Or: "Check me out, I'm king of the hedge!!"
  9. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member

My avatar is a cat I owned named Mr. Red. He passed away last May. I buried in him in his favorite spot, a sunny area between two shrubs. Red was a survivor and a cat I found out in a road in horrible condition nine years ago. He was starved and had an old pelvic injury that had healed the best it could, so his back legs did not fully hold his weight but he could walk. He gained weight and miraculously survived. He would run around like he was on borrowed time. I loved the cat and thought his red tabby markings were handsome. I posted Mr. Red as an inspiration for all of us who pull through tough times.
    Yukeli and Witty_Sarcasm like this.
  10. Dibley

Dibley Member

Me and my wonderful Dad. The best man ever. I love you Dad.
  11. Dibley

Dibley Member

Can I not post pictures of myself here either?
  12. Kira

Kira Can't PM on phone... Sorry :( Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Sorry @Dibley . Someone should have explained when they removed your avatar. It's a policy that we have to not post any personal pictures for anonymity sake. Please feel free to use something else. Welcome to the forum. :)
  13. Dibley

Dibley Member

Thank you Kira.
    I won't do it again.
    Kira likes this.
  14. Kira

It's not a problem at all. It's impossible to know all the specifics of the site when you have just joined.
    Grok likes this.
  15. Dibley

Dibley Member

Thank you for being nice.
  16. Kira

Everyone here is nice! Promise :) I hope you can find the support you need here. Everyone is great and very understanding. Check out the forums and if you feel like some real time conversion, there's a chat room too.
    Dibley likes this.
  17. Dibley

Dibley Member

I do use chat and private message. I don't post, my posts aren't welcome. That's ok though, I do enjoy chat. Thank you again Kira.
  18. Kira

You're welcome. If you had a post edited or deleted it just means that it wasn't appropriate for the forum. Please don't be discouraged from posting again. Some people enjoy chat more, so whatever works for you.
  19. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

Well someone already beat me to the Phoenix on this page alone. It’s been a favourite symbol of mine for a long time because it represents death and rebirth. That thing just keeps coming back! :cool:
    Apeksha P likes this.
  20. Apeksha P

Apeksha P Member

My avatar is the place I ran away when I wanted to leave behind this world. It's Mumbai, India. Blue skies and pigeons flying all across the blue sky.. gave me strength that one day I will also be able to spread my wings and fly like them .. migrate to a place where I can only be happy and never sad again. ☺♥