1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell us about your avatar!!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Petal, Oct 1, 2015.

1. The ExConquistador

The ExConquistador New Member

I've got this running joke that, with the sheer amount of life-altering illness I've had to deal with in my life, and the fact that people seem to think they can get rich from me despite the fact that I have NOTHING, I must have done these things to others in a past life to deserve it. Like if I'd been a Conquistador, for instance. Hence the username-avatar combo.

So now you know.

2. Kylista

Kylista New Member

Mine is my pet bunnies for multiple reasons. For one I was born in the year of the lucky bunny and that's been a recurring thing that I'm lucky because of that, especially when I beat my dad 11 fish to his 1 fish when I was in middle school. Two, getting these rabbits was a family thing and the first time in a long time I've actually felt connected to my parents. Three this was our first group of baby bunnies, and I raised all of them. (we got a male and a female without realizing it but it later became a thing to raise baby bunnies into adults and have friends and family adopt them since our first group was really cute and really socialized!)

Walker and baywasp like this.
  3. Metallier

Metallier Member

My avatar is the cover of an album of "Bring Me The Horizon". There's a song that's called "Happy Song" that talks about how pretending that everything is ok never helps, and how you lie to everyone saying that you are ok, even though you want to scream that you want help. That's how I feel all the time.

Edna likes this.
  4. charley spring

charley spring Well-Known Member

Mine is pretty self-explanatory. All the people here have/are suffering in different ways. I think my Avatar acts as a reminder that although we aren't aware of it always, often much better things lie ahead than what has been before. We must keep the faith. Without struggles, how can we grow and expect to be prepared for greatness, whatever form that comes in. Hold on everyone.

5. Kira

Kira SF Gelfling Staff Alumni SF Supporter

charley spring likes this.
  6. charley spring

charley spring Well-Known Member

Kira likes this.
  7. Lilyfrog

Lilyfrog Well-Known Member

Mine just totally represents me in all ways...looks like me first thing in morning before my 2 cuppas and then I turn 'normalish' and as the day goes on and stress hits more and the coffee works it's way out I start to turn and look like it again.

JD4010 likes this.
  8. Gonz

Gonz Well-Known Member

Mine is famed Mexican wrestler El Demonio Azul. He did about a billion cheesy low budget sci fi and horror movies in the 60s and 70s; for me they are the very definition of “so bad it’s good.” One of my friends when I was a kid had copies of a bunch of them, and he’d “translate” (mostly he just made shit up to make me laugh) them for me because my Spanish was really bad. I came across this picture of him a long while ago and have used it as my avatar at a few places since then.

JD4010 likes this.
  9. JD4010

JD4010 Well-Known Member

First post! Dude in my avatar pic is Chief Giribaldi from the 1990s TV series Babylon 5. The actor is Jerry Doyle (RIP). The Giribaldi character is a reformed alcoholic. When someone asks if he wants a drink, he will reply, "Nah, I gave up the rocket fuel awhile back." Dude is my hero!

10. sunnypseudo

sunnypseudo Well-Known Member

A watercolor painting
    I did a couple of years ago when practicing a slightly different style. The picture was from a specimen from the Mütter Museum which I desperately wish to visit some day.

JD4010 likes this.
  11. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

Tank Girl! This is my favourite comic and I’ve used various pics as avatars for a while. I see myself as a bit of a survivor in a world that I’m not too happy with and I often feel “at war”. I love the Australian references as well :cool:

12. JustLovely

JustLovely Wants to become a cat

Just a toy I've bought some time ago, it's a stress relief ball. I threw it away on the very same day I've bought it, it took me only a few hours to totally ruin it.

JD4010 likes this.
  13. frostheaved

frostheaved Earned Toady

My avatar is of Tanaka-kun from "Tanaka-kun is Always Listless." He doesn't care about anything but sleeping. I wish I could sleep all day. Pretty simple reason, really.

JD4010 and Karmitkurmit like this.
  14. Walker

Walker Everything Zen Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Media SF Supporter

How could I explain my avatar when I change it every 3 weeks, hmm? :) Gotta keep you guys on your toes!

Woowoo, Sunday16 and Karmitkurmit like this.
  15. The One and Only Lantern

The One and Only Lantern Public Access

Mines a lantern....yep, that's it.

16. Alwayswrong

Alwayswrong Well-Known Member

Animals are angels on Earth.

17. Alwayswrong

Alwayswrong Well-Known Member

My avatar is a lighthouse shining in the stormy skies facing the fierce waves. That' s the way I' d like to be... but I'm a coward...

18. lucasD

lucasD Member

I have my avatar as a tattoo in my left side of my chest, it represents many things for me. But I know that he’ll keep by my side on the darkest days and I only have to give a look at it to remind me what I stand for

Lilyfrog likes this.
  19. Kalicka

Kalicka SF Supporter

My avatar is a picture that I took at my brother's place one snowy morning. I used this picture because it in some ways depicts my current life. There is light peaking through the trees, but there are also a lot of shadows. I get stuck in the shadows behind the trees (the giants in my life) and I don't see that just on the other side there is light if I would just take a few more steps forward.

Witty_Sarcasm and Alwayswrong like this.
  20. Usagi

Usagi New Member

I've been a fan of Sailor Moon most of my life, hence my username. It's a picture of her crying because it reflects how I feel most days...