Telling me to get an abortion...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by feathers, Dec 24, 2010.

1. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

My friend decided to be fucking stupid earlier, and started advising me to get an abortion. Even after I told him multiple times I didn't want a fucking abortion, and that I couldn't cope emotionally with aborting my own child.

He knows my situation, too. He knows that I have long impulsive obsessions with things, the major ones in my life being to have a baby and to have a sex change. The baby thing was recent, September 11-December 1. It got to the point where I was so desperate for a baby, I wanted to kill myself if I couldn't get it. So I convinced my boyfriend he wanted the same, and we started trying in November. The end of November came, as did my period - no baby, I was devastated.

My depression ended at the beginning of December, and my need for a baby slowly trickled away. But we had tried a few times before the need disappeared, and now my period is 4 days late (5 if you say it's Christmas today). So I was talking to my friend about how I might be pregnant. First thing he says is, if you get a positive (I'm testing on boxing day) will you get an abortion? I told him, no, not a chance. He asked, why not? I told him that I believed it would be unethical to abort a child that I had been purposely trying for in the first place. I also said that, being an EXTREMELY emotionally unstable person, an abortion would probably kick me back into depression and I would hate myself for the rest of my life. I would not emotionally be able to cope with an abortion. However, this spurred a lecture from him about how an abortion would probably be the best thing, because I'm not in a position to have a baby, I'm in the middle of my A-Levels, I'm emotionally fucked up, bla bla bla. He said "abortion would be the lesser of two evils". As if NOT killing my baby was evil... I told him, no. I would not emotionally be able to stand going through the rest of my life knowing I had aborted my child. It was not an option. He CONTINUED, telling me, hey look at it this way, it isn't a child at the minute, it's just cells, bla bla bla, if you aborted it it would just be like a period. It got to the point where I just kept saying, it's not an option. It's not an option. 'til he gave in.

Seriously, who does this guy think he is? Who is he to tell me what I should do? Telling me the best way to live my life. As if he can possibly understand the emotional hell that an abortion would cause me. Yes, I do personally believe that abortion would be killing an unborn child, no matter how far along it is. I haven't even met the guy. I only know him over MSN through a friend I went to college with. Who is he to tell me, over and over, that I SHOULD get an abortion? I mean, it's completely obvious that he's hoping for me to break up with my boyfriend, because he likes me and probably hopes he can get together with me at some point. And obviously he doesn't want a kid hanging around for that. But that is NO fucking excuse to start telling me I SHOULD kill my kid. Especially one I;

A. Was trying for
    C. Know I'd miss and regret killing forever.

Who the fuck does he think he is. Selfish prick. Thinks he knows everything. He doesn't have a fucking clue.
  2. Euphoria

Euphoria Member

Are you mad because he gave you advice or because he gave you biased advice that may affect how he feels about you?

I don't know you, never talked to you, have no stake in the issue at hand, but it seems like if you already know this is not a good decision, than why bother to ask?

My advice to you is, if you aren't ready for a child, don't bring one into the world if you can't give it everything it needs.
  3. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

I'm not mad that he gave me advice, nor that he gave me advice that affects how he feels about me.

I'm mad that he continously told me to get an abortion after I'd told him it was not an option.