Telling therapist I'm going backwards?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by PiecesMended, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiecesMended

PiecesMended Well-Known Member

Okay for starters, should I? I mean I don't want my mum to have to be dragged into worry again because of me. She's got enough problems without me adding to it and me being 16 would mean that she would most likely find out about anything deemed 'serious'.
    I've had more 'abnormal thoughts' as my mental health group calls them. They kind of went away but they have come back in abundence and apparently brought friends with them. My fear of technology has gotten worse but isn't quite unbearable. I am now terrified of spirits, demons and such even though I don't believe in them or at least i didn't. I have taken measures to protect myself from them because I am convinced that the things I feel/hear/see that aren't really there (proberbly not really there) are in-fact spirits :unsure:. I don't know. I can't convince myself that it's fake and in my head anymore and I keep freaking out and becoming disorientated everytime something happens (which is alot). I am also feeling very detached emotionally which was something I had started to get over. I keep feeling very unappreciated and my self-worth has hit the floor again and possibly sunk through to some other dimention. I am stating to think that I'm just not worth it again and I'll never amount to anything so why do i bother and when im not apathetic I want to cry but I cant for some reason. I have started SHing more frequently and my wrist now looks awful and so does my leg. (therapist does not know about SH should I tell her that too? but again I don't want to worry everyone and bother people when there is no need everyone's got problems at the moment and I'd hate to dump this on them when I'm not worth the bother)
    I'm really confused because I had started feeling better. This is sucky.

I apologise for spelling/gramatical errors. I don't really care today. This was incredibly long and boring. Sorry you read it. I would love some advice if there is any going.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Yes, you should tell both your therapist and your mum how you are doing...you can only get the treatment you need if people know...it is caring that you do not want your mum more upset but you need to be cared for too and you are the kid...J

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your mom would rather know what is going on then to have you harmed in any way You need to keep her and the therapist in the loop right You are a kid and you need help to get your mind working in a more postive matter. Talk and keep talking okay keep open conversation with all the people who care for you. Just like you are here okay they need to know so you can get the help to get better.

4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

For a while there i held back to my therapist that i was starting to slip again. I was ashamed and i thought she would be dissapointed in me.

Anyway, as usual she got out of me what the real situation was. She wasn't mad or dissapointed. She appreciated honesty, and together we worked on a new strategy to get me back on top of things again.

My point is, though it is frightening and we might feel like failures. By being honest we will recieve the right help and start moving forward again. I often relapse, but it's not the end of the world (even though at the time it probably feels that way).

Just be honest and work with your therapist.

All the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.