telling?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by poeticxxxtragedy, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poeticxxxtragedy

poeticxxxtragedy Active Member

did you tell anyone? or did they just find out? or does nobody know still? how do you tell someone?

2. special_needs

special_needs Well-Known Member

i didnt tell it to anyone yet, and i think i wont do that... i think only people like us understand, so i prefer to keep it just for me....
    but it is really incredible how nobody found out it yet, because i wear tshirt frequently....
    by the way, if i had to tell it, i think i would say first that im not a monster just because i self harm...

3. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

Ive never told anyone..my mum kind of found out..not the extent but thats a complicated story. As for how do you tell someone..i havent so i dont have any personal experience to share but this is the link..

http://www.lifesigns.org.uk/ and then click on "coming out"

4. special_needs

5. kindtosnails

lol trust me im really not actually paid to promote it. promise.:dry:

6. special_needs

ohh its ok, i....erm....belive... :tongue:

7. eih

eih Well-Known Member

err with things like this.. for me at least people just tend to find out :huh: my parents just found out last sunday cause I made a stupid mistake.. I dunno... in time everything seems to be found out.. I guess it'd be better to tell someone though.

8. Always Alone

Always Alone Guest

My parents think I stopped when I got out of Hospital. A guy in my Maths class saw them, and he said he'd used to do it, but all he had to say was just stop he must know it not that easy?

My best friend found out about it when he came to see me in hospital, but I promised him I'd stop. I think he knows I still do it, like how he promised me he'd stop taking drugs, and kinda expected me to know he was just saying it.

Another friend asked me if I did it the other night. She's always thought I did, I lied to her and said I stopped ages ago, she did it when her mum died, but she's stopped, said it didn’t make anything better.

9. poeticxxxtragedy

i told my bestfriend last year she got mad at me. i told her i stopped she and i did...for a little while. =/. seems like everyone just stops, =/

10. consciousinsane

consciousinsane Well-Known Member

I started at age 14 and carved words in my right forearm. My mom saw them as I was trying to slip by her one day. I just avoided the question somehow. I think she went into immediate denial because she never pursued asking me.

Then at age 18 I was cutting like crazy. I was to the point where I wanted to get help but didn't know how. So, I took some pictures of it one night and posted it online, then indirectly gave two of my friends the link. They asked me to stop, but I never got the help I wanted.

Two months ago, my wife found out I was still cutting (she was one of those friends mentioned above). She thought I had stopped, so when she saw my arm she freaked out, and I freaked out.

Also two months ago, my aunt in law confronted me. She cut for the very first time. She just said something to the effect of, "can you keep a secret. I done something I shouldn't have. I cut my arm" Just last night she came to me again. She cut for the second time. (note: my wife told her I cut so she knew she could confide in me)

11. i told my friends when i first started n didnt really mention it much after that , but when i did it 1 time last year, some1 told the counselor at my skool n then she called my mom n she found out n went home 2 tell my dad.:dry:

12. kindtosnails

oops just to add because i keep forgetting things...if its easier to write things down in a letter thats a good way to go..so then you dont have to have the courage to say it face to face and you can say exactly what you want and re write it in a letter, then the person in question can talk to you about it. thats what I'd probably do anyway..:smile:

13. poeticxxxtragedy

!@@%T$^$##@!$. i just finanly told soemone. and i`m freaking out and im shaking. =[ =[ =[.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.