temp alt to chat?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Pagan, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pagan

Pagan New Member

I don't know if those whome run this site realize how significant chat is to some of it's members. I understand that technical difficulties happen, but is there maybe a site we can meet to chat in the mean time? I don't know much about sites dedicated to personalized chats for folks like us. Maybe Skype has a chat feature that would serve the purpose. Open to suggestions. It may be good to establish for the future too.

2. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I agree, that such a feature would be good to serve for any future incidents as what happened yesterday, but maybe nothing along the lines of skype or any other chat service in which you talk with microphones; a text-based chat system would be best, particularly for the SF Community, as most people feel more comfrotable with annonymity and with text, if you miss something some says, you can always just scroll the page up to read what you have missed, instead of repeatedly asking the person what they said (that can get annoying, believe you me!)

3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

We can't endorse a chat the doesn't have safety features to moderate it and keep the site rules going - it would go against the principles of the forum. I agree that an alternative would be good but we are really focused on getting the proper chat back before we think about alternative chats. We are working on it and we know it is super important to people. I will speak to admin and talk about a backup site for the future with a chat on it that we can moderate - I think that should be possible (though I do not at all claim to be the expert around here). In the meantime please be patient - Raven is doing an awesome job and he is working on it. I know its not the same but please support each other on the forum for the next short while, as we figure it out.

4. Pagan

Pagan New Member

Alright Freya, thank you and all whom make this site possible!

2 people like this.
  5. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

Can we still pm people or use the start a conversation option? I needed to talk last night and couldn't get on.

6. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

You should be able to start and reply to conversations as normal. The instant message option is not available at the moment.

7. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Well, if ever an alternative chat is made, I hope you can consi
    Yes, the converstaion function is still working as normal (been using it most of the morning with a few other members).

8. Jonsey

Jonsey Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Been really down and needed someone.

9. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

Since chat has been down, I've eaten 5 kitcats, 3 Reese's cups, and 2 Reese's fastbreaks consecutively. This needs to be fixed stat before more damage is incurred.

10. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

jen ((hugs)) i need my chat fix too. ive smoked over 20 cigarettes as opposed to my usual 5 a day.

2 people like this.
  11. crumbum

crumbum Active Member

Do you live in a convenience store miss mulberry?

3 people like this.
  12. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

Aww man, cicada. :( let's sponsor each other

Hahaha crum

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.