Temptation..

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by gpc1502, Apr 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gpc1502

gpc1502 New Member

I used to be a member of this forum years ago, but now I'm back and this is my first post!

Basically, I haven't self-harmed in over 4 years now, but I'm feeling pretty low at the moment, and all I can think about is how much cutting myelf would help. I know it's not something you're supposed to do, but it REALLY helped me cope last time I was suicidal and I don't know what else I can do to achieve the same feeling.
    The only thing is, now, I live with my partner, and if I was to cut, she'd find out about it. I can't let that happen, and so I can't cut. But it's all I can think about right now...

Can anyone help..?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Talk to someone you trust ok tell them how you are feeling and how you want to use a coping skill that is not so healthy Talk to your doctor or pdoc or therapist who can get you through this without self harming ok Just tell yourself you deserve only compassion and care ok not harm

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Don't cut. Try distracting yourself or finding safer things to do when you feel like this. Just googling 'distracting from self harm' there are lots of them, try that hun, keep safe and be well.

4. gpc1502

gpc1502 New Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I wouldn't really say I've got anyone I can confide in about it but I've managed not to SH yet so I'm hoping I can keep it up. Mentioned it my GP, but I'm not in counselling yet.. Exams are kind of in the way. Tried using some of the distraction techniques but the urge is still there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.