temptations

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by innocencexisxlove, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

How do you rid yourself of the temptations to fall to the blade??

I've tried journaling, taking walks, talking to people... Nothing's working.

I can't fall to the blade once more... If I fall back into habbit, there goes my whole life again, down the drain, controlled by the blood.

Can anybody give me some help here??

-Rachel

2. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

When I feel tempted I talk to my BF, or write how I feel in my journal. It helps, but I also have to be strong and just say "No" to myself.

:hug:

3. innocencexisxlove

Thanks. Saying "No" definitly isn't easy... But it's possible. GLad you have the will-power.

4. amicrazy

amicrazy Well-Known Member

i try to distract myself. TV helps me a lot, especially mindless humor. also, if you play any sort of instrument, i recommend that. hard to do at night though. drawing/any kind of artsy thing also helps distract me.

i read that making lines on yourself w red pen or marker would work. i laughed at this at first, but it kinda works sorta. i prefer paint - comes off easier and looks more realistic

hope this helps:):barmy::weee::groupwave

5. innocencexisxlove

Thanks for the post. I tried the whole, lines thing.. It does work decently well. Thanks.

6. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

theres no hard and fast way to stop, you can do lots of things to distract yourself but it really does come down to just saying no.

thats it, no magical cure or something, just your own inner strength to find the words and stop cutting.
    you know there are more reasons not to cut than there is to do it.

be strong hun, you can do it

stay safe

7. innocencexisxlove

I'm working on the whole inner strength thing. It is hard. But I can do it.

Thanks for the support everyone!

:smile:

8. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

good, you sound strong so i hope you defeat the urges.

anytime you need to chat then pm me

stay safe

9. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

You can do it, good luck!

:hug: xx

10. cayzira

cayzira Well-Known Member

Maybe this isen't helpfull, and if it's not then I'm sorry.

In the first hospital I stayed in they tried to teach us all things to do to beat the urges, they talked to us, and tired to make us all feel better, the whole place had a very calm safe feeling to it. This isen't relity.

In the second ward I was in, there was none of that, it was a hell of a lot more secure and clinical, but 90% you had to sort it out on your own... this was hard, but worked. Blades were easily avaliable (If you had something worth trading - it was practically a black market) but most of us have managed to stop.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that while all these "prevention methods" can help to an extent, don't expect them to work perfectly. For some people they do, and thats great for them. But in most of the people I've seen, they stop because they are ready too.

Eventually a time comes when you just don't do it. It can be hell getting there, but nearly everyone dose. There is solution that will make you stop... it's a long hard process, and most of the change is down to time, and not things that you do in that time.

You shoulden't worry if these things don't work. Try them, as some can help a little, other a lot: but they'll never make you stop. But have faith in yourself, that when the times comes, you'll be able to.

Take care

11. innocencexisxlove

Thanks you guys..

I'll definitly try some of those suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.