Tempted. There's no food here anyway.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by CandleLight, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CandleLight

CandleLight Well-Known Member

I'm tempted to stop eating. I'm staying with friends and I have no money, so everything I do eat is pretty much theirs. Which makes me feel really guilty. I drink tons of coffee, which tends to make me not hungry. But right now I feel hungry, and I do have some Triscuit crackers I bought, in the cupboard. But I kind of want to see how far I can take the hunger. It seems like a good solution, but I can't even explain how. I have gotten through anorexia, and now I'm *old* and *fat*. So, it's not like I can't miss a few meals. Especially when I don't have my own food to eat, anyway. Except for a few boxes of stupid crackers.

2. CandleLight

I ended up eating. And it was a very sad meal. I mixed a can of carrots I had, way too much butter from the stick I had, some seasoning cube powder and a spare hashbrown patty together. At least it was hot. But the "meal" made me very depressed. I did not like the taste at all, but I had nothing else to cook with. I don't know how much more I can take.

3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

*hugs* What about a food bank? Can you get help from social services or something?

4. CandleLight

That's not a bad idea, heading over to the food bank. But the lines are always very long, with intense people and lots of line-cutting, and I don't think I have strength left for that. But I do have a flyer with some free food information on it, maybe I should give it another look. It's just so hard to muster up the energy to go meet my food needs, when I am caring less about food to begin with.

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  5. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Yes take a look at that flyer. Food is important!!

6. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I agree with kcho, please do look at that flyer and reach out where you can.

Have you tried visiting bakeries and deli shops close to closing time and asking if they have something they were going to throw out that you could have?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.