Ideas & Opinions Tempted

Hi, I am having terrible side effects and withdrawal symtoms from one of the prescriptions (xanax) for treatment of my heart problems am always thinking of finding an easy way out of all this pain and suffering.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi, welcome to SF. I've heard withdrawal from xanax can be really bad, I'm sorry you're dealing with that. Do you have a history of depression or is this a recent thing?

Welcome to the forum, do you have anything that makes you want to keep living? Hobbies, family, etc.
I can't bear to just leave as I really love my grand kids, one is six and the other eight yrs old but if the daily suffering is too teribble I might have to say goodbye to them.

Hi, welcome to SF. I've heard withdrawal from xanax can be really bad, I'm sorry you're dealing with that. Do you have a history of depression or is this a recent thing?
I didn't have it, was given as prescription for chest pains and was shedule to have surgery soon.

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
Does it help to distract yourself with a hobby? I am sorry you are going through this. It would really be best if you can stay alive for your grandchildren but I understand if you cannot. It would also be very hard on them the rest of their life knowing their grandfather chose to end his life. Is there anything your doctor can give you to help you through this time?

Thanks for the suggestion. I have mentioned it to the doc but didn't have a definite reply regarding any help, as he says the dose I was taking isn't that much ( .25 to 5 micrograms per day) .

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Your grand kids are a great reason to stay alive. What great moments with them you have coming up. Try to hold on to that, I’m sure they’re grateful to have you in their lives. *hug

KindaOtiose

Hi. Welcome to the forums @ahlekc, we're glad to have you here.

I'm sorry you're having side effects from your medication and that you're feeling so bad at the moment. It's unfortunate that you couldn't get a definite answer from your doctor. I think it is worth you chasing it up, or consider consulting a doctor, to get another opinion.

In the meantime, you can continue to share here, where you can always find any advice or empathy you want. It's worth finding something you want to keep living for, such as your grandchildren, and holding onto that.

I hope you can feel better soon. Stay safe. Sending hugs *brohug.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey, keep the grandkids at the top of your mind. You want to live to see them grow up into amazing teens then adults *hug

Is there any other medication other than xanax they can give you for your condition? I have been on xanax but not for the reason you are on it, so I'm kinda stumped. Please make another consultation with the doctor and see if there is another solution. I'm glad you posted here :)

Stay safe and remember, life is worth living.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00