Ten Images Per Post

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Twocky61, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Just found out maximum images allowed per post is ten & if you exceed ten the post fails to post

So like:

:butterfly1: :butterfly2: :butterfly3: :butterfly4: :butterfly5: :butterfly6: :butterfly7:

:butterfly8: :butterfly9: :butterfly048:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
  2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

is that so people dont get over emote-tional?

*goes and sits in the corner, and thinks about how bad that pun was*

3. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

...........**.
    ..........***
    ...........**
    .............\___
    ...........__\__|
    ....._.../.....\
    ....|..|/......_\
    .../..........|
    ..|...........|
    .|.............\
    .|...............\
    |/\________|

Or, like in 1960 on teletype machine :mod:

4. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, are you curious as to why? If you are, it's a standard limit to stop excessive images on a forum page. It can hog down slower computers that have to process mulitple animations, and it can put strain on the server/loading times.

5. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Yes SBlake especially the animated emoticons like that giraffe up there ^^^^^^

6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am sorry - maybe I am missing something but are you experiencing an issue with posting emotes or something? This is the troubleshooting forum and typically is used for resolving technical problems so I am trying to understand what the problem you are asking about is?

7. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Just commenting on the fact there is a maximum of ten emoticons per thread Ben; no technical issues and as SBlake says the limit is in place to prevent lag server issues

8. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

But my Giraffe is only 80 kilobytes!

Curiously, Apollo 11 on its way to the moon made do with a 16K total memory onboard. My cheap desktop today has 6GB.

But SBlake & Twocky are presumably right. Images can take a lot of room and time. I assume that's why no user-attached images or video is allowed. The smiley dinguses here only have to be stored once, then html in the posts invokes them. The SF host doesn't make the giraffe move, the user's own machine does, I think. SF just downloads the code once, when you log on. But there's still probably a limit of 10 to prevent too many function calls. My guess, I'm not a geek.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  9. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I'm a self confessed geek/nerd Hatshepsut & I think you're right in that the site downloads code once then the users pc carries it on unless it is a slow or lagging pc. Mine is a Time* DT on XP and really slow but still manages to keep up though it does refuse to download Flash/Java hence you all never seeing me in SF's chatroom as that is Java based

*Time as a company disbanded in the 80's I believe so this pc really is antique but still works well proving old technology is still good technology as are record players & cassette tape players & even 8 Track players

10. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Who remembers 8 Track players? In the 70's a friend drove a Datsun (pre Nissan days) and he had an 8 Track player installrd

11. Raven

Raven Guest

Ok lets keep the topics in troubleshooting about issues. thread is getting locked as I go trough it every-time since it is in the troubleshooting section of the board.

THanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.