Ten years after 9/11, closure and suppression

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Prinnctopher's Belt, Sep 20, 2011.

?

Do you believe the U.S. government has told the truth about the 9/11 attacks?

1. Yes, but I agree with Ron Paul's statement

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, and I disagree with Paul

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, and I agree with Paul

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. No, but I disagree with Paul

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Unsure, but I agree with Paul

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Unsure, but I disagree with Paul

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Before you respond or vote: YouTube - Ron Paul on foreign policy and 9/11 comments

At a recent debate for Republican Presidential candidates, Rep. Ron Paul (R - Texas) was scorned for his views regarding the motivation for the 9/11 attacks being the occupation of U.S. military forces in the Middle East, and continued unconditional support for Israel and disregard for Palestine. In the past, Rep. Ron Paul has called the attacks, in addition to other "acts of terrorism" caused by Arabs in particular, "blowback" for U.S. foreign policies weighed heavily against Arab nations -- not because of any perceived freedom or jealousy or condemnation of it.

Even though these were the actual findings of the 9/11 Commission, not Rep. Paul's opinion, his mentioning these facts provoked boos from the crowd as if people didn't want to hear it, they didn't care only a day after the tenth anniversary of the attacks that killed over 3,000 people.

With the over-exposure of the tragedy of the attacks on the anniversary, the completion of memorials, and progression of construction on the new World Trade Center complex, many people affected have sought closure, and others consider the decade of the attacks to be over and all open inquiries closed.

Is there a sentiment that unanswered questions and contradictions surrounding actions taken before, during, and after the attacks, should be swept under the rug and forgotten?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
  2. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I think the government sugar coated or tried to sugar coat the events to cover up the total ineptitude of the response by the government to the attacks as the clearly dropped the ball in many regards. So maybe they haven't told the truth 100% but despite that effort to hide how ill prepared and how nonfunctional the government truly was on 911, it was such a huge failure on their part that it was impossible to hide how badly they preformed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.