Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lotr2012, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotr2012

lotr2012 Active Member

ok...so i have tried to live on my own several times in my life. each and every time ended in a suicide attempt and a hospitalization. i do not feel ready or prepared to live on my own. the bad thing is that i have no choice. i was hospitalized, and they could not find a group home that would accept me. so i moved to texas with the understanding that i could stay with my dad untill i found my own place. it happened quicker than i would have liked. so long story short i move into a one bedroom apartment by myself in a week, and i am horrified. i'm scared it will just end in another attempt, and then the cycle will just repeat. does anyone out there have any tips or suggestions that could make this easier. i have borderline personality disorder, depression, and generalized anxiety disorder. how can i make it through this without repeating the cycle. i will be going to a support group twice a week. i hope that helps. other than that, i have no idea how i'm going to safetly make it.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Can you talk to the support team and see what services are available for you? In New York City, there are home health aides that provide support services...and maybe, you can be a part of a support group so that you know you have a place for support during the week...just a few thoughts and best of luck to you
  3. letmedisappear

letmedisappear Well-Known Member

I've never really lived on my own before, but from my own experiences, just a few distractions might help you. Meet some people, invite them over, make some friends who you can hang out and have fun with. Maybe try some new hobbies, see what appeals to you. Look around your town, see if there are some interesting places to visit. A big hobby that helped for me was photography; it gets you out and about and really helps you appreciate the world around you. And if you can really do it, take your methods and throw them out. Or make a list of them and shred it. Just think that this is it; this is the time for change. Be proud, be hopeful, and be motivated! You can totally do it :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.