Terminated from my first job

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by amber.17, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amber.17

amber.17 New Member

Hi everyone...I just got terminated from my first job. It really sucks because I loved my job - I was friends with everyone I worked with. I even met my boyfriend there over a year ago, who I'm still with. All my friends work there and we often hang out outside of work too...now it's just not the same. I made a terrible mistake of selling alcohol to an undercover minor not once, but twice, and there's nothing I can do to get out of it. I don't want to work anywhere else - I was starting to really like my job and get good at it. I don't want to have to start over. Now I'm depressed and have to go to court and pay a fine - any advice? Thank you for reading.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry hun that this is happening it is hard when these things happen just go to court apologise and pay the fine ok and hopefully your employer can give you a good recommendation for another position somewhere hugs

3. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

Probably no advice. I'm not qualified to be an advisor. Here's why. Often, losing a job, or having to go to court for fines or jail, are consequences of things we did. There's no way around it. But I've blown off jobs and got in trouble, so I'm not "better" than you are in that way. So, there's nothing I could really show you about the subject. Then, there's whether feeling bad, or depressed, is simply the normal feeling that goes with such situations.

You are always welcome on this forum. It's a place to share feelings and thoughts without fear of judgments and ridicule. I don't think this is a good place to seek specific advice, especially if legal issues are involved--I do hope you have an attorney.

Best wishes--

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.