Terminated today

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Yati, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yati

Yati Well-Known Member

I was fired today, I feel like a piece of garbage, and that I deserve to die.
  2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

I am sorry that happened to you. Can you talk more about it
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry you lost your job you found that one you can find another one collect unemployment for awhile until you find a new job. You are not garbage and you do NOT deserve to die. You just need help to find a new job now so ask for references and go to employment place and get some help ok to find a new place to work
  4. danni

danni Chat Buddy

i'm sorry :hug: that happen to you. No matter what happen in life nobody is garbage.
  5. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Im sorry yati, hope you can pick yourself up from this and find another job soon. Good luck
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry you lost your job and hope things get better :hugs:
  7. DatAlgorithm

DatAlgorithm Well-Known Member

Sorry it happened... getting fired can be the pits, but why not dust yourself off and try to get something better? Look into unemployment and let the rotten feeling pass by crying it out or yelling at the top of your lungs when nobody's around if you have to, but don't let some company define who YOU are. Try not to take it personal either; even if it is, learn what you can and move on. There are times when getting fired eventually turns out to be a funny little footnote or even a blessing in disguise; you never know. Nothing to lose, right?

Also, I find watching some good stand-up comedy helps; dunno why, but it seems to help me.

Check the signature btw...
  8. kangaroo2

kangaroo2 Active Member

I am sorry this happened to you Yati.

Why do you think you are garbage though? It's just a company with people you wouldn't care about if you never worked there in the first place. Easy for me to say of course since I was not just fired, but I have been fired for screwing up and I felt the same way about myself (that I was garbage). Time maybe for you to work on your cognitions so that you don't label yourself as "garbage" over what happened.
  9. ThinBlueFlame

ThinBlueFlame Member

I'm so sorry. I'm sure you're shocked and overwhelmed and all sorts of other things. Please treat yourself kindly. I second the suggestion of watching some comedy. :) The rawness of the situation will eventually wear off and I hope you'll find the confidence to find a job you like for a company that appreciates you.
  10. Yati

Yati Well-Known Member

I was a contracting only for a fee months so I wasn't there long enough to gather unemployment. Also I was set to have the contract end in a few weeks because the position is being eliminater. It just makes it harder financially because my back up job doesn't start for another two weeks. It pays less but I wont have to drive hours each day and pay for parking in a downtown area. It makes me feel like garbage because the guy waited me to live the office to call the contract company and he accused me of slacking which I wasnt. I have no proof because I can't get in the system. He's ma king up stuff so they dont have to pay out the rest of the contract because the position is being eliminated.
  11. sick2deth

sick2deth Well-Known Member

It's just a job. I've been fired a few times for various reasons...Saying that though I do enjoy telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine too :) It's only a job, Don't be too hard on yourself as there are plenty of other jobs but only one you! Like another person posted here, Watch some stand up comedy...Bill hicks...Revelations...It's just a ride! The be all and end all of life is not marriage, kids, job, and all the nonsense which either makes us or breaks us. I hope you find another job and best of luck to you :) At least you have another job to go to, It can't all be bad?
  12. Yati

Yati Well-Known Member

Well I started my backup job last night. They are glad to see me and a few people gave me hugs.
  13. sick2deth

sick2deth Well-Known Member

Thats great!
  14. DrownedFishOnFire

15. LexiRN

LexiRN Active Member

I completely understand where you are coming from. I was suspended from work 2 weeks ago and put on a 3 month probation (where my boss said one more infraction of any kind will result in my termination). I am a nurse and I fell asleep sitting upright at my desk on night shift for approximately 1 minute and was reported. They also said my lunch breaks were longer than the allotted time. In 14 years as a nurse, I have never received any discipline or even criticism. My boss was hateful. Since then, I have become toxically suicidal and even procured the means to commit suicide. My biggest fear is that if I am terminated, that I will in fact follow through.
  16. DrownedFishOnFire

:hug: is there another place you can transfer to like another floor or wing or even another job? I know bosses can be spiteful SOBs, I've been on the short end of the stick few times and finally the director intervened and said my boss needed to stop being unprofessional and as soon his attitude changed I was fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.