Terrible guilt and anxiety

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bruces, Oct 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

Having a terrible time coping with guilt and anxiety it cuts like a knife into my soul it's horrific

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I feel the same sometimes. Some days I cannot cope at all, want to curl up into a ball, hide away from the world but I must carry on as normal. I am sorry you are suffering right now, if there is anything I can do feel free to PM me !

3. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I don't really know how you deal with guilt

4. Petal

What is the guilt caused by? Why are you feeling so guilty?

5. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

Bit of a long story I left my previous job to run or work at my dads business it started off ok then I got depressed and lost interest when it was time to reknew contracts I didn't know what to do so my dad downgraded to one contract,I have very little to do about an hour a day I get bored and depressed

6. Petal

Ah, I see. So you are working one hour a day, or feeling depressed and down one hour a day? (sorry just slightly confused).

If you used as much energy getting knowledge of mental illness and using that as your power to get free from it than being down and depressed you'd be getting somewhere. I don't mean to sound mean - I've been bullied most of my life, i'd never be mean to anyone- just saying maybe you need to get yourself out there more and see what help is available to you and really make a go of it.

7. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I'm just working 1 hour a day I'm spending the rest of it very depressed leaving my previous job was a bad idea in hindsight especially where money is concerned too

8. Petal

*hugs* to you!

What do you do in that one hour? When you are working do you feel less depressed because your mind is occupied on something else? I am sorry you are feeling so badly again, I hope you feel better soon!

9. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I'm just driving so I don't switch off my mind is still active I try to see the positives in life but I only see negatives,I feel very suicidal and hopeless I very much want life to end but I don't feel I could do it or could put my family through that,I am a very heavy smoker so I'm kind of just hoping that takes it's toll

10. Petal

Oh I see. Maybe you need to do other things like volunteer or learn something new? My doctor used to always tell me to keep my mind occupied, I ignored her for the most part until I did start occupying my mind and realised it does actually work. When I am in college for example, I am constantly writing down things so i don't have the time to think about negative things, try something like that *hugs*

11. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

It was just such a bad decision to leave my previous job I enjoyed it and was good money and kept me occupied

12. Petal

Could you go back if you wanted or is it completely off the table?

13. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

No not really possible also if I leave to get another job then I feel I'm letting my dad down there really isn't an answer to my life it's kinda like I live in misery or end it

14. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

Feel so sad at how much life I've lost due to various mental illnesses I want to relive my life

15. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I think I'm going insane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.