Terrible Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annette

I have had a terrible night and my dog got out and I got mad at my mom for calling me to the door and the dog ran. My mom and brother started threatening to call the cops and put me in jail. They were yelling and I kicked a cat bowl off the porch and my brother. My brother walked past and threw me off the porch. The cops came and took pictures of where my leg was cut and the side of my face and arm. Then they came back with my brother and the male cop knocked and said the I could drop the charges or they are both ways. And I asked what are the charges against me and he said assault and battery third degree. And then I asked how and my brother is holding up his fist with a cut on it. Then my mom is standing there and they questioned her and she said that he had hit me. The male cop was trying to save face for my brother and said to my mom well first you said he hit her then you didn't. The male cop was like well his hand was cut. And I was like yeah, because he threw me off the fucking porch. The guy was like "ma'am," like I should have some f*cking guilt. I think my brother cut himself when he had driven off when I first called them. I told my mom you have an opportunity to tell the truth you tell it. I had gotten several calls before the cops came back and I think the male cop was trying to get me to drop charges over the phone without the lady cop to hear my mom's account of what happened. My brother did get arrested and is going to jail now. If it was not for the black lady cop I do not think there would have been an arrest. The white male was like do you want to press charges or . . . like it is their job to drag things out until I give up or something. My brother has threatened me my whole life. I told my mom in front of my brother that she has the opportunity to tell the truth, to tell the cops what happened. I hate my f*cking life and I really cannot stand law enforcement. I called when I was a teenager and my brother threw me into a sewing machine and the cops just told me to relax. My whole life feels like I go through being threatened. My mom was like what are you doing when the lady cop was by my brother and she was like he is under arrest and going to jail. I am suicidal again.

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling this way Annette. Do you think it helps that your brother is finally in jail for attacking you?

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I feel like that doesn't improve family relations. In the end he's hurt more than you are in this... I dont know. That's pretty strange to me.

Annette

So I should feel sorry for him and refuse to press charges while I am physically thrown? It is my family of origin, and responses like these, that have ruined my life, in my opinion. I hope you aren't threatened by family, including physically, for years on end. What do you know about that?

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
I feel like that doesn't improve family relations. In the end he's hurt more than you are in this... I dont know. That's pretty strange to me.

I am unsure I could find a time that results in physical violence where the best response is not to both call the police and to follow up on charges. A family tie/blood relationship is in my opinion the worse possible reason to excuse violence and the biggest reason why it should never have happened to begin with. The act of physical violence toward another person basically tells me the person has no regard for them, much less as family, so would be poor reason to expect a pass. Perhaps "improving family relations" would be best accomplished by removing the physical violence form the family setting... just an opinion.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Yeah that was a douchey reply. Sorry, Annette. I apologize. I think that post was too close to something similar that proved to be bad in life around me. I try not to let those experiences get in the way but you know how that goes, sometimes we flop. I'm a dick & I'm sorry.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Yeah that was a douchey reply. Sorry, Annette. I apologize. I think that post was too close to something similar that proved to be bad in life around me. I try not to let those experiences get in the way but you know how that goes, sometimes we flop. I'm a dick & I'm sorry.
You're not a dick. You were speaking your mind at the time. Many of us are very emotionally sensitive on here, though, and take offense easily. Annette, I'm sorry that you were offended. But try to keep in mind we all have our own issues and aren't perfect. And having said that, I do very much feel for what you're going through with your family. Mine are pieces of shit too.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@Annette

Hope you are doing alright now, I cannot believe I missed this thread. The only reason I was following up on you was noticing the cute cat pix on your avatar was not there anymore. Its insane shit what you endured I am very sorry your brother put his hands on you. No one deserves to be beat up or thrown about no matter who is in the wrong. Yes cops can be idiots as well too.

The cops POV is to see what charges can be upheld in court and keeping the peace and people safe at the moment.

Hope you can come back and let us know you are doing ok.

Take Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00