terrified of christmas

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by crookxshanks, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

i was just wondering how people cope with christmas. for as long as ive had my eating disorder (which is non-specified) ive been on my own at this time of year and so have been able to getaway with it but this year is terriying me to death. my boyfriend is coming over and he loves to cook and already has this dinner with all the trimmings planned in his head. i cant tell him how scared i am because of hurting his feelings

also i have to go out for a christmas dinner thats been booked this week and thats put the fear into me as well because i cannot stand eating out as i dont like people looking at me when i do. i dont want to eat the food but i feel like i have to for other peoples sake

but for so long ive been on my own at christmas and able to get away without anyone questioning my eating habits that i dont know how im going to cope this year and i was just wondering how other people do

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Having had several permutations of ED, I know the pressure the holidays bring...take one event at a time, and do your best...do not get ahead of yourself, worrying about everything, which is sure to kick up the ED monsters...they love stress! and know that you will be with ppl who care about you...if you have to leave during the meal, give yourself permission to do so, and finally, please have a professional consult with you regarding ED, if you are not already under someone's care...all the best, J

3. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

rather than working yourself up, think about the day around the meal, and think about the food only when you come to it. sit down and chat and just enjoy the company - if questions are asked, just say you've got a stomach ache :)

4. ANeverEndingRose

ANeverEndingRose Well-Known Member

I understand how you feel, im completely shitting myself about christmas. I eat rice cakes, philadephia, apples and bananas and yogurt. so none of that comes into christmas traditional food so I have no idea what to do-and I have lots of family around! Plus the gym is closed on xmas day.

5. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Just say that you have gone to another Christmas party right before and that you're still full.

TDM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.