Scum

Terrified to go to bed

Why?

Because then I will wake up tomorrow.

Tomorrow they might section me.

I am fucking terrified.

I can't handle that again.

I don't know what to do

Aww hun, its better to get some sleep otherwise you will be terrified all night. Thats a lot worser than sleeping. And after a good night rest i'm sure you will feel a bit better. Maybe do some meditation, I dont know >.<, but it might calm you down a bit. It is scary, but you need to try to think about something else, go gaming, talk with someone, I dont know.
Hope it will go ok tonight and good luck tomorrow :hug:

Scum

Thanks for the response Julie.

You are right about staying awake and being scared, it's a weird mentality. I want to delay it as long as possible (ie sleeping will make it come sooner) but I just want it over with as soon as possible. theres a contradiction for you.

A beautiful person is talking to me in chat and calming me down. Then I'll probably try to go to bed.

Thank you for the reply :hug:

I hope tomorrow goes ok for you. I can't think of anything that Julie didn't say but I just wanted to reply and wish you luck. Let us know how it goes. :hug:

Scum

Thank you resistance.

I will let you/others know how it goes, but basically if I am here tomorrow evening, then the chances are looking good that I won't get sectioned.

I think I know rationally that they won't. The doc said he probably wouldn't, and I have paperwork saying I can't be, but that doesn't stop me being utterly terrified because of past experiences. I just have to try and find a way to keep it rational.

Thanks loads for the reply :hug:

Well I'm glad you're talking with someone who can calm you down :smile: But try to have a good sleep, so you wont arrive all tired there tomorrow. Good luck and keep in touch :smile:

Hun, I don't mean to be stupid, but what does getting sectioned mean? (I realize we are from different countries so that might be why I don't know)

I hope you are ok :hug: :hug:

If I remember right, sectioning is forced detainment for the purpose of treating a mental illness. Think the US calls it involuntary commitment. Certainly not a pleasant thing to have to face. *:hug:s for Scum*

Ignored

Staff Alumni
It's called sectioning over here because it's section whatever of the Mental Health Act. And I should know what sections of the Act because I did a course which included it but I'm currently brain dead!!!!! :blink:

actually the time i spent "sectioned" (involuntarily detained?) was some of the best time of my life. Met a lot of interesting people (one actually saved my life)

Scum

Thanks for those of you who replied to my post.

I semi slept.

I have blocked it out. I feel nothing, numb, zilch. But that doesn't mean I'll still feel that later, lol

Yes Carolyn, being sectioned is having all your rights, etc, revoked. They detain you in a psych ward/medical hospital first if necessary. And you have no choice in anything, especially treatment.

Thanks again to those of you that replied to me

:hug:

Deathly Strike

I've been sectioned before - not pretty.

You have my deepest sympathy Scum. Just remember that we're all thinking of you and praying that you get through this alright. Of course, being the amazing Scum you are, you will hehe.

:hug:

Scum

Will think of you, hope it goes well. And if they do it, tell them julie will go after them, that will scare them off :tongue:
Anyway, good luck
lol, aw, I bet they will be quaking in their boots.

I have now had the tests done, and if the test results come back awful (which they probably will do) they will probably be back today. and that will determine what they do with me, if anything. They might be ok with me refusing treatment for what's going on, but last time they weren't.

Just have to keep it rational.

Thanks so much for the support guys, it means loads. And to Rose too (you know who you are) for being brilliant last night.

:hug: thank you all so much

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Hi and glad you got through the night...is it better to go and 'volunteer' for the treatment? in the US, a voluntary admit provides more 'rights' than an involuntary or 2PC admit...it is most important that you get the care you require regardless of how it will be provided...you will be in my thoughts and prayers...plez let us know how you are doing...big hugs

Scum

Thanks. Yes, I know voluntary is better. If it comes to it this time I will go voluntary, but last time they were talking me round to come voluntary and a random person just signed the section even though they knew they were talking me round to being voluntary.

I just have to keep hoping. Keep rational and hope for the best.

Eeep.

Thanks for the support.

Thanks. Yes, I know voluntary is better. If it comes to it this time I will go voluntary, but last time they were talking me round to come voluntary and a random person just signed the section even though they knew they were talking me round to being voluntary.

I just have to keep hoping. Keep rational and hope for the best.

Eeep.

Thanks for the support.
From my experience, checking yourself in works much better, that way you till have a little bit of your rights left, and here yuo can ask for a 3 day out, which is where you write down when you came, why and why you want to leave, it's then given to the psych and if he can't build a court case on keeping me within 3 days you get to leave, but that's only if you check yourself in.

Take care of yourself sweetie, you are a great person even if you don't see it in yourself, we still can, just like you can see good in me and I can't, doesn't mean things aren't so. :wink: :hug:

Scum

From my experience, checking yourself in works much better, that way you till have a little bit of your rights left, and here yuo can ask for a 3 day out, which is where you write down when you came, why and why you want to leave, it's then given to the psych and if he can't build a court case on keeping me within 3 days you get to leave, but that's only if you check yourself in.

Take care of yourself sweetie, you are a great person even if you don't see it in yourself, we still can, just like you can see good in me and I can't, doesn't mean things aren't so. :wink: :hug:
Yeh, it does. voluntary is much better. But I wasn't at hospital, they turned up at my house unexpectedly due to test results that had happened previously (the doorbell just rang and I nearly shitted myself thinking it was them, but it was my mums friend). But if it ever happens again I won't freak out. I'll be calm, collected and it should be ok. lol, I hope it works like that if it does come to that.

Hopefully everything will be ok *breathes* Thanks for the supprot honey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00