Terrifying dreams

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Petal, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

A few weeks ago I had recurrent dreams that people broke into my home wearing balaclavas and I was running from room to room locking doors. It was scary as hell. It occurred I'd say 3-4 times. Now there is some back ground to this....last May our business which we live beside was broken into (thankfully we did not know about it until then next morning) but now I don't feel safe at night, any strange noise startles me. I'm guessing those dreams are from the anxiety of that. When I wake I'm like omg thank god that was a dream.

Last night (1st and hopefully last dream about this) some background first, I have had heart attacks but have no memory of them, well the medics called them cardiac arrests.

The dream- I was trying to talk to someone and had a surge on my chest and couldn't breathe or talk or move.

I was VERY stressed yesterday, every kind of emotion and flashbacks went through my mind. Was so very scared, frightened and woke up.

Stress causing this perhaps? I think so, but I'd love to hear from someone who has experience in this thing lol! Thanks x
  2. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

Oh I have crazy dreams every night, I think I could write a horror story on some of them lol.

God that does sounds awful, and I can see why you wake up terrified. I wish I had better advice for you other than I know nightmares myself, but I really don't know what to say, other than, hopefully they will lesson. Does this time of year bring on your nightmares more frequently? This in an especially rough time of the year for me, and I know its is for many others too.

Better days ahead.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.