Terrorism is becoming the norm

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by OutCaste, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

I think slowly I'm becoming desensitized from all this horror. Not a day goes without a terrorist attack in some country wasting so many lives and destroying entire families. It's a daily routine and I try to skip over such news at times. When will this stop.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7527004.stm

Just a few days I had read about some attack in Iraq and Pakistan and now this.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2008
  2. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Doesn't it seem that after 2000, the world turned to crap?

3. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Not by any means, since world war two theres been nigh on constant war.
    Korea, Vietnam, Russians in Afghanistan, Somalia, Rwanda, The Balkans, Israel, Iran and Iraqi war, the first gulf war e.t.c.e.t.c
    Constant cycle of war, terrorism and genocide.

4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

So I guess it's human nature to be always fighting and having conflicts.

5. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Proportionally, there probably is no more violence now than 5000 years ago. It's just that there is Internet and television, etc., today, making it seem so. At least more will become known, today, contrary to the days before telegraphy when widespread horror easily could remain permanently unknown to the rest of the world.

6. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Humans are violent creatures. In a world of freedom there will always be war.

7. saint6

saint6 Well-Known Member

There is war cause there is no freedom in this world..... terrorism will never stop, how can it, the Government labels everything that is going against them as terrorism. The whole world is brainwashed never to get cleaned.

8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I wouldn't say "never". I think we're going to have some cataclysmic activity soon. Humanity is gonna get wiped out, or greatly reduced. Clean slate to try again.

9. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

More like try and try again, in that case.

10. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

War is caused by people who either need something, want something, or by people who feel threatened.

In the recent decades war has been nothing more then nations pushing their own point of view and way of life on other nations. Some countries have been the same way for thousands of years. Who is to say that that country isn't better off the way they have always been? It is the free modernized countries that love to push their way of life on more conservative countries. Not every country needs to be industrialized and polluted with greed. Not everything in this world needs to be changed. Not everything in this world can be changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.