Testosterone Does Not Induce Aggression, Study Shows

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mikeintx, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

2. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Why do you assume the government won't care? Chances are, like any 'recent' discovery (this has been known in the field for some time, just not established publicly), it'll take some time to except for everyone; but inevitably this will become common knowledge over the next several of years (maybe longer, given the pervasiveness of this age-old myth). Or maybe I'm too optimistic :p

And while testosterone doesn't induce aggression per se, it has been shown to contribute to risky behavior. This not only translates to our higher predisposition to alcoholism or gambling, but also to violence (eg risking a fight rather than flight).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2009
  3. Mikeintx

I guess you havn't seen bigger, stronger, faster ;) This is frustrating because athletes have been saying this for years, same with strongmen, powerlifters, bodybuilders, and responsible recreational users. It just upsets me to see how steroids are portrayed in the media and public.

4. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Well I just looked it up, and I think I'll check it out ;) Certainly looks interesting.

And I suppose your gripe is how steroid use is misunderstood/over-demonized?

5. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Testosterone may not, but I can guarantee that a lack of estrogen does. :evil:

6. Mikeintx

Yes. :smug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.