Thank God Christmas is over!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Melmoth the Wanderer, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melmoth the Wanderer

Melmoth the Wanderer Well-Known Member

I got everything I wanted, plus a couple of pleasant surprises, but it was otherwise a pretty dismal experience.

Everyone in my family except my father cried at least twice.

My sister, who's engaged, stormed out without another word when I mentioned the train of her wedding dress. She didn't want her fiance to know anything about the dress, and I guess trains on wedding dresses are becoming rare things. She half-heartedly apologized, though.

I keep crying because I see the world going to hell and I can't do anything to stop it. I want to leave this country, but I can't find anywhere better to go.

My father keeps telling me to be quiet. Of course, he only started this once I stopped wearing my usual make-up. A bit of rouge and lipstick apparently makes my voice more bearable.

I feel like I've gained at least twenty pounds and I wouldn't be surprised if I really have.

At this moment, I'm crashing from a sugar overload--I guess breakfast shouldn't be two cupcakes, >10 cookies, and a few pieces of chocolate. Go figure.

How did everyone else do?

2. Snooze

Snooze Well-Known Member

awwww , theres plenty of room in Finland! :hug:

we dont really celebrate christmas in my family, yeah theres the christmas tree and stuff but me and my parents all spend it in our own rooms silently , so it was pretty close to any other day :)

3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I dread Christmas and am glad when it's over. It's a reminder of happy families and happy people and successful people who can afford to pay their bills and shop for presents for their families - none of which I'm able to do.:sad: I'm glad it's over. I pasted on a fake smile and made it thru the day at my mom's house with brother and my kids and then came home and got drunk.:sad:

Merry Christmas indeed.:sad:

4. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Thank you. The last two months of every fucking year are the cruelist two months of my life. Every damned year.

ToHelp

5. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

Indeed

6. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I am glad the Christmas and New Year period is all over and done with. Back to normality. I have been ill between the Christmas/New Year period which really hasn't helped my mood. The holidays have been pretty quiet and a bit vacant, like I said, I'm glad it's over with.

7. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

Every year i dread Christmas. I hate the happiness and all joyous people. It has always been a depressing time for me. it helps to drink and then i spiral down hill. I want to end it all. as i rigth this i am drinking gin. the holidays are no different than any other day of the year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.