Thank you all

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Ardo85, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ardo85

Ardo85 Active Member

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if not I apologize.

Around 2006-2008 I was severely depressed and suicidal. I had survived an attempt in 06. After this I started posting here and was met with great support and encouragement. Nowadays I am doing a lot better. I recently returned to the site to reflect on those dark times. It put things into perspective to compare how I'm feeling now compared to how I was then.

I not only recieved great support, but I hope I myself helped some people along the way. The compassion I felt here on this forum was totally unexpected as the internet is full of trolls who are just jerks due to anonymity. I never came across a single person here who was like that.

So I thank you all, this community might as well have saved my life.
  2. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

I think this was the right place.
    I am new here. I am so glad you are doing better. It gives hope to the rest of us to know that people can get better. I am glad these people were able to help you through those dark times. I hope your days stay bright and grow ever brighter.
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you are doing ok now and hope life continues to improve for you..
    I wasn't here then but it's good to see positive feedback about the forum...
  4. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

I know I haven't met you before, but it is really good to hear that you are doing so much better. :sheep2:
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Great post ardo, I'm glad SF has helped you so much and continues to help others in their daily struggles with depression and suicidal thoughts, Inmemoryofyou
  6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Glad to hear you are doing better. And by posting what you did, chances are you made a few others feel a little better too. Thank you.
  7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

8. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.