Thank you gentle lady for putting words in my mouth.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by boo, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Quote from GentleLady: "I hardly think you can compare placing a song title in front of the words "in my pants" with asking members if they have been raped ("have you been forced to have sex?") and who raped them ("if so, by who?"). There is simply no comparison."

Thank you for re opening a closed thread just to put more oil in the fire and then close it back so i can't defend such absurb accusation. Thanks. You guys have proven me right yet again.
    I never asked who raped them and by whom. LOL Nice try though. Someone being pressure to have sex doesn't equal "being raped" I guess then 80% of boyfriend asking their girlfriend to have sex or insist a little too much are then rapists. Your logic is absolutely flaw and laughable. That's accusing at father disciplining a child by correcting them with a slap and turn it around and accuse him of beating a child.

But thanks for your participation. Oh, i putted pressure on my ex to have sex, by your amazing logic, i'm a rapist. You hear that people? I'm a rapist! Thank you for trying to bait me into a fight. But i'm rather amused. This page have been bookmarked for future laughs.

Why was this thread re open... uh oh... :surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
  2. _Terry_

_Terry_ Member

Where is this "in my pants" thread? I'm interested in reading it.
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It was in the coffeehouse, but has been removed due to member complaints.
  4. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

hmm so let me get this straight....because someone (or many idk) person(people) took the question "have u been pressured into sex" to mean have u been raped and if so by who there fore the thread gets shut down....I know that the title of the thread said "have you been forced to have sex?" but it was explain that his intention was to ask was there a time when u were ever pressure into was stated clearly....but i guess people didnt bother reading the post and just got offended by the title... might as well burn the book b4 even reading it eh?? This is why making corrections based on any complaint can be a bit ridiculous instead of taking into consideration the merits of each complaint as they come in....
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I read the thread. I read the post. More than once. I am sorry for having feelings. Excuse me for being a victim. Don't worry. It won't happen again.
  6. 1izombie

Im sorry for any pain u have felt, and I assume the thread did bring up those feelings for you...Im sure that was not the intention and i can see why ,if i got it correct, you and others would want that thread closed. I would just like to point out it was just a discussion that was not intended to be hurtful in anyway, as im sure u know, and I really think it was just a reaction that there r other discussions going on in SF on that same subject matter and it seem arbitrary to close that thread, but having said that maybe it was a good idea to close the thread or perhaps have moved it to another area that would be more appropriate...idk
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Steve- Just pointing out that the thread in question has been restored. It's in the rape and abuse forum. :grouphug:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
  8. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think people complained about my threads just out of spite. Seing instead of giving intelligent feed back as to why they hate this thread for example, they rather give it a 1 star rating. Seriously now...1 star? I'm hurt... not really.

I don't expect everyone to like me, in fact i could careless. I have many good friends i can depend on already on SF.

The reasons why i was comparing my thread to the "in my pants" game is why such a long lasting thread (it was created 4 years ago) is ok, but not mine. Instead of just quoting the shocking sentences of my deleted thread, why not post the whole thread, where i explained clearly my intention. Btw i loved the in my pants thread and never actually complained about it, but only used it as an example. Again as you can see, you made a harsh decision based mostly on what you wanted to hear.

I was calming down and was ready to let bygones be bygones, that is until you attacked me again.
  9. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

But there are arguments for gentlelady's position that force and pressure can mean rape. For those who require an explanation, I sought the dictionary meanings of force and pressure in my MS Word for Mac dictionary, under the "Tools" menu. (The definitions for those, as verbs, are copied and pasted below.) I specifically direct attention to the highlighted points (my own highlighting, for the purpose of clarification, for any who might need it).

Point number 8 actually indicates that an older usage of "force" meant rape [as in, I suspect, to force oneself on another]. Additionally, other highlighted parts indicate that force and pressure include, inherently, the concepts of violence, superior strength, damage, and unwillingness.

It requires only very basic logic to realize that any sex act which is
    forced to occur is not a mutual decision and is therefore assault. Depending on the laws where you live, this can mean rape. Pressure might induce someone to "agree" to have sex, but it still involves a power play and some kind of "force."
    1. to use superior strength, violence, or any kind of physical or mental power to make somebody or yourself do something against his, her, or your own will or inclination [Acy's highlighting]
    2. to use physical strength or violence to move something or somebody that puts up resistance [Acy's highlighting]
    3. to create something, such as a way through something, using physical strength or another kind of power
    4. to obtain something or make something happen by using physical or mental pressure [Acy's highlighting]
    5. to open something that is locked or jammed by using power or effort, often breaking or damaging it in the process [Acy's highlighting]
    6. to produce or use something in a strained or unnatural way
    7. to cause a plant to flower or mature before its normal time
    8. to subject somebody to rape (dated) [Acy's highlighting]
    9. to put out a runner in baseball on a force play
    10. to create a run in baseball by walking a batter when the bases are full
    11. to give a player in a game no choice but to play a particular card or make a particular bid or move

Source: Encarta® World English Dictionary © 1999 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.

to apply great persuasion or a strong influence on somebody to force him or her to do something [Acy's highlighting]

Source: Encarta® World English Dictionary © 1999 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
  10. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Thank you Acy for the definition, I hope it clears things up for those who have never been a victim of abuse.
    Count yourself 'lucky' Boo, any other member would have at least received an infraction for speaking about/to a staff member in this way.

11. 1izombie

have u happened to check out the rape and abuse section of the forum? cause there r allot worse things said in there and anyways that thread was moved to the appropriate section and not deleted which i think was the point people were trying to get across, which, in case ur wondering, was why is this thread treated differently than other threads with similar content... and its very clear to anyone i suspect that the intent of the thread was not to imply anything to do with rape if u read the responses u get the picture of what the intent of the thread is dictionary needed...
  12. 1izombie

omg is that a threat???? did u just threaten a member???? or r u trying o intimadate him??
  13. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

speaking about/to in what way? He expressed a view that was neither inflammatory or aggresive. Arent we allowed to comment about anything anymore? The only thing i can see wrong is the fact he used her name in the title of the thread. And as i understand it this is Let it all out where people can vent, are we not allowed to anymore?
  14. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Are you threatening boo? :(
  15. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

no boo. its not a threat. its a fact. if this thread had been written about you, you would be the 1st to complain and kick up a stink.
  16. 1izombie

but why bring it like that...idk it sounds a little but intimating to me...maybe better left for a pm?? just saying....
  17. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

you guys always say you want transparency and honesty. you got it. and even that isnt good enough!! there are times that things cant be right for someone whatever you do. this is one of those occassions.
  18. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Huh? Where is this transparency and honesty? What hazel said was construed as a threat because of the way it was said. It looks to me like oh i have the power to give you an infraction anytime i want because i have power over you. But thats just the way i see it.
  19. 1izombie

transparency has nothing to do with what she said in my opinion transparency refers to how decisions r made not about how lucky one is that they were not given an infraction... I think u may have confused what i meant by transparency..
  20. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

this thread - it should never have been made. its rude and its insulting. it is not ok to think that such things can be said to people and then expect only huggy smiley responses. because that wont happen. we are accused of censorship yet when we SAY we dont like something but DONT censor it - well - magically we're not allowed to. yet it seems that anyone else can say what they like, when they like, about whom they like and cause as much devastation to any person that is the next target. cant have it both ways.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.